AMi K-100 tonearm mystery

Old August 11th 03, 07:40 AM
Russel Willoughby

Default AMi K-100 tonearm mystery

Okay, here's a little picture puzzle. Those of you who are familiar
with the AMi mech circa 1960 should be able to answer this pretty
easily.

I'm resurrecting an AMi "K" that was kind of a basket case, and I
believe it is missing a part (or parts) in the tonearm assembly. The
problem is that the tonearm assembly does not sit down securely on the
pivot post, so instead of pivoting smoothly left and right, it wobbles
around drunkenly. Check out these pictures:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...iew=thumbs&ck=

It sure seems like I'm missing a bushing of some kind, but I don't
have mech to compare it to. I have a manual for the "J", which has the
same mech, but in true AMi style it contains NO diagrams or part
numbers for this assembly.

And yes, I've picked up all of the various small parts from the bottom
of the cabinet, and found nothing even close.

So what am I missing?

Old August 11th 03, 01:38 PM
robert young

there is a bush that goes on top of pivot post regards robert
"Russel Willoughby" wrote in message

Okay, here's a little picture puzzle. Those of you who are familiar
with the AMi mech circa 1960 should be able to answer this pretty
easily.

I'm resurrecting an AMi "K" that was kind of a basket case, and I
believe it is missing a part (or parts) in the tonearm assembly. The
problem is that the tonearm assembly does not sit down securely on the
pivot post, so instead of pivoting smoothly left and right, it wobbles
around drunkenly. Check out these pictures:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...315&groupid=14
6327&folderview=thumbs&ck=

Old August 14th 03, 02:47 AM
Tony Miklos

StropeDukeofjuke wrote:

You are missing a brass bushing that sets on the pivot and goes up into the
tonearm. WURCO reproduced them and I bought out there remaining stock years
ago. I only have one left but could part with it for $40. Let me know if you
are interested.

Glenn

If someone is interested, I have a freind with a machine shop, and a
machine, that once programed and set up, would whip them out one after
another. We could possibly put this part back into the "available"
status. I don't know if there is much of a call for it or not? And of
course, I'd need one good one to start with.

--
Tony

Old August 14th 03, 04:11 AM
Russel Willoughby

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:47:16 GMT, Tony Miklos
wrote:

If someone is interested, I have a freind with a machine shop, and a
machine, that once programed and set up, would whip them out one after
another. We could possibly put this part back into the "available"
status. I don't know if there is much of a call for it or not? And of
course, I'd need one good one to start with.

I decided to go ahead and buy the one from Glenn. I am considering
taking it to a local guy here who I know has done similar machine
work, and get a few copies made. If he can't do it, I may get in touch
with you.

I'd at least like to have a spare or two for myself. I doubt there are
many AMi's of this vintage left that are worth restoring, so not many
people are likely to be missing one, but who knows. And I'm assuming
they do wear out eventually. Why else would this have been made as a
removeable part?