What do you use to.....

Old August 7th 03, 11:31 PM
mike

Default What do you use to.....

insulate and cushion the edges of jukebox glass? I have been using some
self-adhesive felt on a roll that I had left over from airplane windshield
installs. It worked great to dampen the surface where the glass and metal
would meet reducing vibration and buzz. Anyhow, I ran out on the last juke
and I need some for a Seeburg G that I'm restoring.

So what do you use and where do you buy it?

Mike in Dallas

Old August 8th 03, 01:42 AM
Keith Stelter

I use felt on a roll or very low density self adhesive weather-stripping
foam on a roll.
You can buy either of these at the local Lowe's or Home Depot for a few
bucks a roll.

et...

Old August 8th 03, 02:29 AM
mike

hmmm - I checked my local Home Depot today and they had plenty of foam
stripping on a roll but the closest thing to self adhesive felt was packages
of two 6"x6" square pieces for $4.00. Guess, I'll check Loews tomorrow

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
I use felt on a roll or very low density self adhesive weather-stripping
foam on a roll.
You can buy either of these at the local Lowe's or Home Depot for a few
bucks a roll.

et...

Old August 9th 03, 05:40 PM
Ken In Texas

Hey, Mike....when you get done with that "g" model and have it all
figured out you want to redo mine

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old August 15th 03, 02:39 PM
mike

still working on it - too many jukes in the garage and have been spreading
myself too thin
she is gonna be sweet though - will post pics : )

Mike in Dallas

"Tony Miklos" wrote in message
mike wrote:

The Loews in my area has only thick tape (was about 3/16" thk, high
density). I did a Google search on felt tape and found an aero supply
selling the genuine Cessna product which in my experience has worked

very
well. Comes in green or a dark gray, quilted pattern for about .20 a

foot
when bought in a 100ft roll. The 2" wide is a little bit more

place I found was at: http://www.glapinc.com/Cessna/misc/compass.htm
Mike Tyler

So do you have that "G" flying yet? ;-)

--