Forcast for gold and silver prices

Old November 22nd 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_2_]

Default Forcast for gold and silver prices

I know there have been threads on what the prices for gold and silver
will be at the end of the year.

I would like to ask for your opinion on what these prices will be.

Get out your crystal ball and lets start.

my guess for gold $1500.00

silver $31.00

any body else?

George

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
Old November 22nd 10, 05:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Capnbidwell[_2_]

The Global Market is running scared. Gold offers some refuge. I can
only imagine it going up.

I am selling a rare US gold $10 coin on ebay below melt value. Want a
good investment?

http://tinyurl.com/38g2q24

Old November 22nd 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Capnbidwell wrote in message
The Global Market is running scared. Gold offers some refuge. I can only
imagine it going up.

I am selling a rare US gold $10 coin on ebay below melt value. Want a
good investment?

http://tinyurl.com/38g2q24

Starting a common XF 1901 $10 gold on eBay at $60 *above* its melt value
(about $680 at the moment) is a bit different from your claim of selling a
*rare* $10 gold coin on eBay *below* its melt value. Just call me picky.
If gold is only apt to go up, why the need for hype?

Old November 23rd 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Nov 22, 8:47*am, "Bremick" wrote:
Capnbidwell wrote in message

The Global Market is running scared. *Gold offers some refuge. *I can only
imagine it going up.

I am selling a rare US gold $10 coin on ebay below melt value. *Want a
good investment?

http://tinyurl.com/38g2q24

Starting a common XF 1901 $10 gold on eBay at $60 *above* its melt value
(about $680 at the moment) is a bit different from your claim of selling a
*rare* $10 gold coin on eBay *below* its melt value. * Just call me picky.
If gold is only apt to go up, why the need for hype?

At least the thing is PCGS slabbed (for purposes of authenticity, in
the case of a gold coin, a good thing).

What's with the Item Condition: "Uncirculated" and Mint Location: San
Francisco bits??? of (dis)information??? in the description.
Obviously neither one of those.

It seems to be an O.K. coin despite the seller's rather pathetic hype
(or lack of knowledge). IMHO, the opening price is just on the upper
edge of what one could plausibly pay.

Not the centerpiece of a collection, but not embarassing like some of
the things posted to RCC.

oly
Old November 23rd 10, 04:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Nov 22, 10:23*pm, oly wrote:
[...]

oly- Hide quoted text -

BTW, my fearless prediction for year-end 2010 is Gold at $1325 and
Silver at $25.

Both could be rather better than that between now and year-end, but
the big boys will try very hard to depress the price(s) right at the
end of the year. The big boys still have short positions to try to
cover. Gotta do whatever to protect their company's profits and
personal bonuses. The next year, there will be significant new highs
in nominal dollar terms.

oly
Old November 23rd 10, 01:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"oly" wrote in message
On Nov 22, 10:23 pm, oly wrote:
[...]

______________

My own beliefs have followed pretty closely to yours, expecting gold and
silver to be pretty close to today's levels at year's end. This is my gut
feeling even after just cashing out a 50% yield on a silver investment made
last November-- before taxes, sadly. Predictions for next year are a
crapshoot at best, what with all the potential world events that could
influence prices. I'm still bullish on silver as an alternative to CD
interest.

Old November 23rd 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie

Capnbidwell wrote in message ...
The Global Market is running scared. Gold offers some refuge. I can only
imagine it going up.

I am selling a rare US gold $10 coin on ebay below melt value. Want a good
investment?

http://tinyurl.com/38g2q24

A US $10 gold peice of that era contains approx. .484 Troy oz of gold, worth at
today's gold price approx $660, hardly "below melt".

Old November 29th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Capnbidwell[_2_]

Starting a common XF 1901 $10 gold on eBay at $60 *above* its melt value
(about $680 at the moment) is a bit different from your claim of selling a
*rare* $10 gold coin on eBay *below* its melt value. * Just call me picky.
If gold is only apt to go up, why the need for hype?

At least the thing is PCGS slabbed (for purposes of authenticity, in
the case of a gold coin, a good thing).

What's with the Item Condition: "Uncirculated" and Mint Location: San
Francisco bits??? of (dis)information??? in the description.
Obviously neither one of those.

It seems to be an O.K. coin despite the seller's rather pathetic hype
(or lack of knowledge). IMHO, the opening price is just on the upper
edge of what one could plausibly pay.

Not the centerpiece of a collection, but not embarassing like some of
the things posted to RCC.

oly

Hi Oly,
Lack of knowledge is correct. Should have said near melt value. I am
selling well below trend. I didn't realize that Garage sale added the
uncirculated and San Francisco designation to the listing. I tried to
revise it and it wouldn't let me. Sorry.

I know Canadian coins better. Thanks for the help.