Hong Kong Fiscal Stamps

Old March 20th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Edwin

Default Hong Kong Fiscal Stamps

Any updated catalogue for Queen Victoria fiscal stamps? I only have "The
Hong Kong FIscal Stamps" by Frits G. Huygen.

Many stamps are available in the market, but their prices vary
significantly. I am really confused and have no idea how to start.

Anybody can help? Thanks.

Old March 20th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

There's the Barefoot "British Commonwealth Revenues" catalog.
Latest edition is 1996, but apparently a new edition is planned
for later this year. See http://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article , says...

Old March 20th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

I sniff an underground shift in collection habits.
Revenues are becoming ever more sought after,
that's why prices appear so freelance.

from an article by Dave Elsmore
in the March 2007 Australian Stamp News

Revenue Growth
If you have been following Australian States revenue
prices they have steadily climbed over the past 10 years,
no longer classed as 'rubbish' or 'back of the book' they
are now at the front of albums with postage stamps
getting pushed to the back. Revenues are well respected
around the philatelic auction houses and with collectors
alike. I have had some of you write to me saying "have I
left my run to late?" Sure, you will need deep pockets in
some areas for a lot of items, but common will always be
common and there is plenty of it to go around. I am a
believer in buying the rare material first [10%] as you can
always fill in the gaps later of the more common [90%]
material. Remember we can't have everything. Some
bidding on ebay for revenues can bring 20 bids or more
from different collectors. Some sellers break up good
'sets' and sell them individually which means you will
have to chase them all which can get expensive, and then
if you miss one value, you could have a gap for quite a
while.

Revenues with an Australian bent
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dave1/index/

Old March 23rd 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Edwin

thanks, it is a good site for buying stamp publication.

Jay T. Carrigan"
???????:LEHLh.26616$PF.8528@attbi_s21...

Old March 23rd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Edwin

Dave Elsmore may be right, but I can't afford to buy the rare pieces first~~
I just want to buy some low value items. Thanks for your findings.