Nathan

Old October 10th 05, 04:09 AM

Default Nathan

Does Nathan Tardif still do repairs and sell vintage pens? I dealt
with him years ago but haven't been in touch recently.

Anyone have his particulars?

Thx.

Old October 10th 05, 08:06 AM
*david*

The man nicknamed "Noodler" on this board is Nathan. He has been
spending significant time developing ink formulas and his own pen
designs - I don't know whether he's been keeping up the repair &
vintage business as well.

Old October 15th 05, 08:00 AM
Noodler

I'm here - the old e-mail got swamped soon after Frank's death by both spam
and repair questions (I spent 5 days, 18 to 20 hours each...trying to reply
to all e-mails - and got burnt out with e-mail). Frank did a LOT that many
of us never saw. He was a pure dynamo. Can you imagine answering as many
e-mails as he did for that many years for love of the hobby? He did plug
his book, sure....but it was in part to answer a lot of those e-mails before
they could be generated I think!

Interestingly, I found out that the "big/major nib retippers" are now
charging their "preferred" customers 1985 nib retip rates. As I have no
fear of a 6 month backlog (perhaps as bad as 2 months, but never 6!) due to
my refusal to accept paypal or credit cards, negligible nib advertising, and
amateur nib web sites (there is just steak...no sizzle - on purpose!) - as
well as the lack of a secretary and thus very slow e-mail
correspondence....I've already lowered the cost of a basic nib retip to $20.
That's all the way down to 1979. The new rate is only being published
ONCE - right here in this newsgroup. Why risk a backlog?

Oh - and if the nib gods devine to match my prices again "behind closed
doors"...would somebody look through the keyhole for me next time? :-)

oups.com...