Trends at eBay-Maximus

Old October 22nd 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Charlotta

Default Trends at eBay-Maximus

In addition to the ususal scams going on at eBay, all in favour of
the seller, sellers are once again stacking the deck in their favour
by boycotting midweek transactions in favour of weekend pileups.

Now in addition to phony high catalog prices sellers are taking
advantage of the fact that if you lower availability (midweek) and
stack everything on to Saturday and Sunday, you will create a panic
buying situation where people will overspend to acquire what they need,
which only further supports the notion of high catalog prices
because dealers can now claim 'unprecidented demand' - all created
by a false shortage.

I continue to buy at eBay, as best I can by working within the
tight spaces between dishonesty and manipulation. It isnt easy but
every now and then I snag something I want at a fair price. Had I
known the world was going to become what it is today I never would
have sold my large world collection years ago - to pay the kids health
insurance and high rents.

I did get scammed by /Hoaser247/ last week when I discovered a set
of stamps I had never received. Every now and then somehing like this
slips through on me and I regret it. Admittedly I won at $13.50 for
a $65 set, but that was high bid and nobody else was offering more
so I won. Hoaser247 didnt like it at all however. He sat and did
nothing. I had to request an invoice five times - finally one appeared
in my email. I sent the guy $17.00 to insure good shipping and again
Hoaser247 sat and did nothing - for 90 days! I suddenly woke up and
emailed asking where the stamps were but no replies from Hoaser247!
So I filed a Dispute - he still didnt reply. Finally eBay forced him to
say
something and of course "Never got the payment", he said. The set has
already reappeared on eBay. I gave Hoaser247 negative feedback and of
course he gave me the same.

And Ruby Stamps has finally blocked me from bidding. Why? Because
I finally got ****ed at chasing them around all the time, for invoices,
for their address, etc etc etc. What really did it was his filing a
Dispute
against me for nonpayment only to find out he had been sitting on my
check for one month! But, assholes must always punish the innocent.
Ruby has now blocked me so my quick payments will no longer sit around
on his cluttered desk for him to have to dig for - he would
rather file Disputes against people just to keep up the illusion that
Ruby is in control!

Control is everything in the business world today! (The Czar said
that in 1905!)

Have a nice collecting day -

Old October 22nd 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Dave Hinz

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:11:32 -0500, Charlotta wrote:
In addition to the ususal scams going on at eBay, all in favour of
the seller, sellers are once again stacking the deck in their favour
by boycotting midweek transactions in favour of weekend pileups.

Let's guess...your choice of intentionally emotionally charged language
would be for what reason, I wonder?

Now in addition to phony high catalog prices sellers are taking
advantage of the fact that if you lower availability (midweek) and
stack everything on to Saturday and Sunday, you will create a panic
buying situation where people will overspend to acquire what they need,

You don't "need" anything being sold there.

which only further supports the notion of high catalog prices
because dealers can now claim 'unprecidented demand' - all created
by a false shortage.

Blah blah blah. If you don't want to bid (shrug) don't bid.

I continue to buy at eBay, as best I can by working within the
tight spaces between dishonesty and manipulation. It isnt easy but
every now and then I snag something I want at a fair price.

Fair is determined by the market. By definition.

Had I
known the world was going to become what it is today I never would
have sold my large world collection years ago - to pay the kids health
insurance and high rents.

Oh, I get it now, you're a whining troll. OK, you got me.

Old October 23rd 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Eric Hochman

Charlotta wrote:

In addition to the ususal scams going on at eBay, all in favour of
the seller, sellers are once again stacking the deck in their favour
by boycotting midweek transactions in favour of weekend pileups.

A lot of people listing stamps on eBay do it part-time and list when
they have time to list i.e. on their days off from their "real" job. I
don't think it's a conspiracy that there is more stuff running on the
weekends.

[...]

OK, fair enough -- people shouldn't do that. If you list items
starting low, sometimes you'll get burned as a seller (not often if you
know what you're doing as a seller, but it happens) and the only
responsible thing is to sell the item at whatever it went for. If you
buy from people who have not been on eBay very long and/or have little
feedback, they are more likely to pull this kind of thing on you.

And Ruby Stamps has finally blocked me from bidding. Why? Because
I finally got ****ed at chasing them around all the time, for
invoices, for their address, etc etc etc. What really did it was his
filing a Dispute
against me for nonpayment only to find out he had been sitting on my
check for one month! But, assholes must always punish the innocent.
Ruby has now blocked me so my quick payments will no longer sit around
on his cluttered desk for him to have to dig for - he would
rather file Disputes against people just to keep up the illusion that
Ruby is in control!

I've bought a few things from RubyStamps (actually Davitt Felder after
he got exposed in a bid rigging scandal) and always got them on time.
(The rigging had nothing to do with eBay -- it was a collusion issue
involving large collections sold at live auction.)