Coin World Grading Company??? check it out

Old May 27th 04, 06:49 PM
Rick Braden

Default Coin World Grading Company??? check it out

I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hope the link works.

Thought y'all might get a smile :.)

Rick
Old May 27th 04, 07:00 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 27 May 2004 10:49:53 -0700, (Rick Braden) is alleged to have
written:

I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hope the link works.

Thought y'all might get a smile :.)

Rick

Oh, I'm smiling. I have a feeling CW isn't. :-)

Bruce

Old May 27th 04, 10:48 PM
RLWinnetka

I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...057&sspagename

=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hope the link works.

Thought y'all might get a smile :.)

Rick

Oh, I'm smiling. I have a feeling CW isn't. :-)

Bruce

What's to worry about? This seller states, "I GUARNTEE THIS COIN TO BE GENUINE
AND RATED CORRECTLY." You have his guarntee.

Bob Leonard
Old May 27th 04, 11:00 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
(Rick Braden) wrote:

I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename= STRK%
3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I just sent the info to Coin World. I'll let you know if they respond.

Scot Kamins
--
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."
Old May 27th 04, 11:11 PM
Byron L. Reed

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:00:14 -0400, Bruce Hickmott
wrote:

Oh, I'm smiling. I have a feeling CW isn't. :-)

Bruce

They deserve it.

I believe several people here predicted exactly this scenario.

Maybe somewhere in the course of gathering 17K+ feedbacks the seller
was never able to understand the nature of true coin grading and
simply doesn't understand. -- Yeah Right!

If Coin World has any sense they will quickly have their lawyer send a
missive to this guy informing him of his *error*, lest this abuse
spreads across eBay. This may fall afoul of eBay's trademark
infringement rules, using a trademarked brand name in such a way. It
is certainly worth looking into while more formal processes ensue.

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old May 28th 04, 12:10 AM
PCameron

"Rick Braden" wrote in message
om...
I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Hope the link works.

Thought y'all might get a smile :.)

What makes me laugh is the guy's handle. I think he means to call his
account "Dick's Pawn" but it reads like "dick spawn". LOL!

Old May 28th 04, 01:09 AM
Scot Kamins

I "Rick Braden" wrote in message
om...
I knew CoinWorld was selling holders now, but didn't know that they
had gone into the gradeing business. Check this out. LOL

1883-CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR CH BU 63 COIN WORLD (N)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename= STRK%
3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I contacted Coin World about this fraud. They said that they contacted
the guy and he said he's stop. Of course, by that time the auction had
ended. Wonder if the successful bidder knows?

Scot Kamins
--
"Speak your truth, even as your voice quakes."
Old May 28th 04, 02:34 AM
Andrew Auletta

Given the volume of phone calls we received in the last year or so
asking about purchasing holders similar to the grading service slabs,
it was apparent that a new breed of "self slabbers" were on the
horizon. Obviously, the intent is to have un-suspecting Ebayers
(and people buying from other sales/auction venues) think that the
coins are professionally graded and that worth more.

We're in the process of bringing in a line of custom-manufacturerd
coin holders that are similarly designed to the Coin World holder, but
without the trademark molded into the holder. I can almost imaging
that the unbranded holders will sell better than the branded ones,
since they'll look a little less like they've been graded in someone's
rec room.

Looking at the big picture, I'm sure we'll also see the look-alike
holders sealed around the edges at some point, along with some
knock-off hollogram sticker.

--Andrew

Old May 30th 04, 10:27 PM
Brian Hartman