Baltimore on Friday

Old March 12th 05, 02:18 AM
Mark Behrens

Default Baltimore on Friday

I left work early in the afternoon and got to the convention center around 5
PM. My first stop was at Richard Snow's table. I asked him to evaluate a
MS-64 Red Indian head cent. Not quite up to snuff for him. Oh well, he is
the expert. I saw a number of the Wisconsin extra leaf quarters, but
thought the price was too high. Richard then showed me a wonderful proof
large cent. I have never seen a more beautiful copper coin!

There wasn't a crowd Friday evening. I browsed the floor and found a nice
MS-63 quarter eagle for my collection. I got my son an XF 1915-D nickel.

The big news is that the new Intercept Shield albums are out! Wayne Herndon
had Intercept Shield in his booth. He had already sold out of the 2004-2009
state quarter albums. He had the new nickel, dime and half dollar albums
too. These albums have removable center posts for new pages. This is good
because there was a typo on one of the nickel pages. Intercept Shield will
replace the page.

While I didn't have a lot of time to spend there this evening, I really
wasn't that impressed with some of the tables I hit. A lot of the
circulated grade early coins didn't really grab my eye. While I am sure
that there can be some nice coins to be had there at whatever price one
wants to spend, it may take some work and digging.

Mark