Question abour retaliatory feedback.

Old May 31st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Question abour retaliatory feedback.

Hi all!
Does e-Bay remove a retaliatory feedback received after you have done
everything to contact seller and *after* Paypal refunded you acknowledging
that seller was wrong? (item -a videocamera battery- was never shipped).

tnx

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old May 31st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"gogu" decided to drop by and ask:
Does e-Bay remove a retaliatory feedback received after you have done
everything to contact seller and *after* Paypal refunded you acknowledging
that seller was wrong? (item -a videocamera battery- was never shipped).

They didn't remove the neg that I got by way of retaliation, even though the
eBay Fraud Investigation Unit ruled in my favor that I had indeed been
scammed. Go figure.

Amistad
'things don't always go the way you want'

Old June 1st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Wed, "Amistad" wrote:

"gogu" decided to drop by and ask:
Does e-Bay remove a retaliatory feedback received after you have done
everything to contact seller and *after* Paypal refunded you acknowledging
that seller was wrong? (item -a videocamera battery- was never shipped).

They didn't remove the neg that I got by way of retaliation, even though the
eBay Fraud Investigation Unit ruled in my favor that I had indeed been
scammed. Go figure.

There is no "they" in ebay, it is a bank of computers,
if the other party does nothing, nothing gets done.

I had my second "NON-PAY Warning" a couple of
weeks ago, in both cases I had paid within an hour of the
auction end.

In the first case 5 years ago, the seller sent me the
$100 Gateway computer and monitor promptly, then
entered a non pay a couple of weeks later. It took me
two months to get him to remove it, I had to get his
phone number and call him, then he still required me
to send him the auction number and other info.

The second case was a couple of weeks ago,
an Epson printer that I was the only bidder on, with
low starting bid, I paid, but 10 days later still no
printer and no email reply.
After 5 emails to him, I got the phone number
and called, he hung up once after picking up the phone
and not saying anything, then the next try he answered,
and said the printer didn't work so he canceled the
auction. He did refund the payment in full promptly,
but apparently that automatically triggered a NON Pay
warning.

Then he had the nerve to ask for a fee refund,
and an automatic email to me from ebay asked me
to state the cancellation was by mutual agreement,
which was the only way I could remove the NON Pay
warning without extra effort.

Ebay is not what it was 5 years ago, and the
number of coin listings for grab bag and wild promise
listings is obscene.

I don't want a negative feedback, not that one
would hurt me, I just don't want one, and I have to
put up with the occasional jerk to avoid one.

Joe Fischer

Old June 1st 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

gogu wrote:
Hi all!
Does e-Bay remove a retaliatory feedback received after you have done
everything to contact seller and *after* Paypal refunded you acknowledging
that seller was wrong? (item -a videocamera battery- was never shipped).

eBay will remove the feedback only if there is mutual agreement between
the buyer and seller and paying of some money to eBay. If it is a buyer
account, I wouldn't worry. Most sellers know about retaliatory
feedback. It looks worse for the seller that holds feedback hostage
than it does for the buyer. The only negative I pay much attention to
is the non-paying bidder kind.

Anita

Old June 1st 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in message
ups.com...

gogu wrote:
Hi all!
Does e-Bay remove a retaliatory feedback received after you have done
everything to contact seller and *after* Paypal refunded you

acknowledging
that seller was wrong? (item -a videocamera battery- was never shipped).

eBay will remove the feedback only if there is mutual agreement between
the buyer and seller and paying of some money to eBay. If it is a buyer
account, I wouldn't worry. Most sellers know about retaliatory
feedback. It looks worse for the seller that holds feedback hostage
than it does for the buyer. The only negative I pay much attention to
is the non-paying bidder kind.

Anita

I think I need to weigh in on this one Anita. I once won an item on Ebay
and the seller had in his ad that Paypal was ok. I proceeded to pay him by
credit card and it was refused. He didn't accept credit cards. So now I'm
kind of stuck because I don't like paying by cashiers check or money order
because that gives the buyer all the leverage. He said in his ad he would
accept a cashiers check or money order. After the credit card was refused,
I contacted him and asked him that due to his not being specific about not
taking credit cards that if a personal check would be ok, seeing as how for
me at the time, that going out and getting a cashiers check or money order
was a hassle for me. He refused to take my check, so I said that I didn't
want the item in that case and that he needed to specify in his ad that he
didn't take credit cards in the future. Well, he turned me in for non
payment and gave me a negative feedback alleging the same. I responded that
I did pay him but that he refused the payment and would not work with me on
alternative payments. After all was said and done, I was able to get the no
pay removed from my record due to the fact that I had no former record for
non payment and had pointed out that it was just as much Ebays fault as the
sellers in that there is no way to differentiate between Paypal accounts
that a seller might have, especially when the seller includes the Paypal
logo that shows all the credit cards. When a person has a non payment on
their record, the specifics of the feedback definitely need to be looked at.

Old June 1st 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Brian O wrote:
I think I need to weigh in on this one Anita. I once won an item on Ebay
and the seller had in his ad that Paypal was ok...

I'm glad you were able to get it removed. NPB feedbacks would be
embarrassing. One question that went through my mind was why you just
didn't have PayPal take the money from your account with a transfer or
echeck. The seller apparently didn't have a business account with
PayPal. I've run across that before -- very annoying, definitely,
because the seller is trying to avoid PayPal fees.

I don't know all the policies for removing fb beyond the mutual
agreement-pay to have removed policy. This is good information. I don't
get upset about negatives on my buyer account. I received my first this
week -- retaliatory fb from someone who sold damaged merchandise. The
retaliatory fb was vehement and in all caps. I loved it... as long as
it was only my buyer account.

Anita

Old June 1st 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brian O wrote:
[...]

At the time I did not have a Paypal account connected to my bank. Otherwise
that would have been fine. I dont mind them wanting to avoid the fees, but
the LEAST they could do is specify in the ad that they cant take a credit
card. I usually read the whole ad so would have been aware if that were the
case. I dont worry about negatives on my buyer account either, as I realize
that there are going to be those that will push anything off and claim it to
be perfect. I had one dealer who sold me a coin set and said it was in
pristine condition. I got the set for just a little over bullion, but when
I received the set, it was not pristine at all. Had damage to the high
points of the coins and a big ol thumb print on the gold coin. Still I
wanted to go ahead and keep the set because they are kind of rare so I asked
him if he wanted to make some sort of compensation for the set being in less
than the condition that he said it was in. He claimed that I shouldnt be
complaining because I got it for bullion price and that he wasnt going to do
anything as far as restitution. He left me negative feedback. If he had
just offered to refund the shipping cost I would have been placated. As far
as Im concerned he wasnt honest so I left him a negative feedback. Spending
$250 with him didnt seem to give me any sway so I figured hes just looking
out for number 1 and not interested in keeping a happy customer.