Warning on fake eBay coins

Old September 1st 11, 10:03 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke

Default Warning on fake eBay coins

On 9/1/2011 1:00 PM, Tom McGilvray wrote:
I don't know who these bozos are making fun of the ANA. Isn't this group
still an official ANA online club? These people causing disruption need
to be removed.

Lumpy has nothing better to do than show what a jackass he can be.

"Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke" wrote in message
Dan Smith wrote:
Membership in the American Numismatic Association is a privilege
extended to those persons and organizations deemed worthy thereof and
is not a matter of right. Such membership can be maintained unless
the Board of Governors determines that the conduct of a member has
been such that, in the best interest of the Association, his/her
membership should be terminated.

Hmmm. Same "privilege not right" extended to -
Members of Congress
Employees of Wendy's
Members of Alcoholics Anonymous
Jail trustees

Lumpy

You sang all those car commercials?
You got it, Toyota.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Old September 1st 11, 10:12 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Tom McGilvray" wrote in message
I don't know who these bozos are making fun of the ANA. Isn't this group
still an official ANA online club? These people causing disruption need to
be removed.

IIRC, RCC is not and never was an "official ANA online club". Are you
suggesting here that bad things should happen to people "causing
disruption". Disruption here? Disruption at the ANA? Heaven forbid
anyone should be allowed to make fun of the ANA. Be aware though that bozos
by nature are expected to make fun.

Old September 1st 11, 11:29 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

Tom McGilvray top-posted:
I find it highly immprobable that someone could sue anyone based on
what someone
said in a newsgroup.

RCC, an unmoderated newsgroup, has NEVER been, and could
never have been, any kind of "official" ANA club or group.

Frank is just another one of those Bozos from the eBay group
that likes to cause trouble.

Old September 2nd 11, 12:13 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
On Sep 1, 4:12 pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Tom McGilvray" wrote in message

I don't know who these bozos are making fun of the ANA. Isn't this group
still an official ANA online club? These people causing disruption need
be removed.

IIRC, RCC is not and never was an "official ANA online club". Are you
suggesting here that bad things should happen to people "causing
disruption". Disruption here? Disruption at the ANA? Heaven forbid
anyone should be allowed to make fun of the ANA. Be aware though that
bozos
by nature are expected to make fun.

RCC was an official ANA club during the early part of the decade. I
attended the
meeting at the ANA show in NY in 2002. Gary Lewis sponsored the group
and
paid the dues. Unfortunately, that is why the ANA got sued when people
here
made personal attacks against the owners of Accugrade.

____________

Interesting. I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

Old September 2nd 11, 12:53 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Don Lancaster

____________

Interesting. I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

That is because Bruno does nothing in moderation.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old September 2nd 11, 02:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

[Headers trimmed]
A little clarification is needed here. RCC has never been an
'official' ANA member club. Yes, we did have an informal meeting at
the ANA convention (I can't remember which, but if you say NYC, I
believe you). Gary Lewis did pay for the use of the meeting room, and
yes, Gary was the President of the ANA at one time. Again, my memory
fails me, I don't know if he was the President at that time or not.

RCC as a whole, and a lot of posters here were sued by Alan Hagar, the
owner of ACG, a lower tier TPG service because of what was said here.
Along with RCC and RCC posters, the ANA itself was brought into the
law suit as it was then erroneously named by Hagar as an 'official'
ANA club, which it never was. RCC was one of the first to be dropped
from the suit.

I met a lot of RCC folks at that meeting, unfortunately I don't
believe any of them still post here. Eric Tillery, Jorg Lueke etc. I
do know for fact that many do lurk here but don't post. Gary Lewis
being one of them!

Old September 2nd 11, 02:56 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
"Tom McGilvray" wrote:

I find it highly immprobable that someone could sue anyone based on what
someone
said in a newsgroup.

Hey, this is AMERICA! Anyone can sue anyone anytime for anything,
whether there is a scintilla of merit to the case or not!

The r.c.c newsfroup itself, along with many people who post here, was in
fact named as a DEFENDANT in a federal lawsuite ...

http://www.webservertalk.com/message1123246.html

among others. Google 1:04-cv-02213-RWR for more gory details in
various other threads ...

(And, NO, no one ever explained how rec.collecting.coins was supposed to
be formally served with the complaint ...)

The lawsuite was eventually dropped, but not until after numerous people
paid numerous lawyers numerous amounts of money ...)

[large snip]

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old September 2nd 11, 07:54 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Steve

On Aug 30, 7:44*pm, Ignoramus4719
wrote:
What is the denomination of eBay coins?

Everything from half cents to double eagles.
Old September 2nd 11, 09:30 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Sep 1, 7:13*pm, "Bremick" wrote:

Interesting. *I believe I have been here since that time and never had a
clue this was anything other than an unmoderated usenet group.

Gary Lewis did pay dues for RCC to become an ANA member club so that
they would be able to get a meeting room at ANA shows.

Old September 2nd 11, 09:48 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Gary Dorman

On Sep 1, 5:29*pm, "Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke"
wrote:
Tom McGilvray top-posted:

I find it highly immprobable that someone could sue anyone based on
what someone
said in a newsgroup.

RCC, an unmoderated newsgroup, has NEVER been, and could
never have been, any kind of "official" ANA club or group.

Frank is just another one of those Bozos from the eBay group
that likes to cause trouble.

Lumpy

Frank Provasek is correct since he attended a meeting set up by the
ANA.

What is your problem with him that you constantly belittle him?

I think posting his toll free phone number everywhere is a very low
act because this
costs the owner money every time they get a call.

I wonder if this is really the Lumpy Music guy and not someome trying
to get Lumpy into
trouble because he has made many disparaging remarks against various
people which would
have legal liability.