I believe Obama is lying again about the capture & death of bin Laden.

Old May 5th 11, 10:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Default I believe Obama is lying again about the capture & death of binLaden.

mazorj wrote:

"A. Nony Moose" wrote in message

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
This is an extreme "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
While
transparency always is the preferable course, you have to weigh the
costs and
benefits. In this case very little would be gained by releasing the
photos
and videos - can there be any realistic doubt that Osama is dead?

Of course there is "realistic doubt" that OBL is dead, you ninny.
Why the cover-up?
Why didn't they let a civilian pathologist do an autopsy?
Why the rush to dispose of the body?
And if by chance they really did kill OBL, it was a monumental act of
stupidity.
Capturing him and interrogating him could have provided a wealth of
information.
The American public is expected to believe "We are the government, trust
us."
Well, I don't trust the government in general and I never believe
anything Obama
says.
YMMV

We are the government is what our representative democracy is all about.

You are a loony.

Sticks and stones...
You appear to be extremely naive or just plain stupid.
Sine you have never posted anything of value, into the killfile you go.

Hiya, Frank, welcome to the Bobsey Boy killfile clubhouse. Beer is in the
fridge, pizza is over there, and the wide-screen is tuned to sports. Relax
and enjoy our honorable shunning by the Loon of Long Island. Make the most
of it, it won't last long.

Tanks yinz guys!

JAM
Old May 5th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message
[...]

One shouldn't killfile Mr. Mazor. He is a fair proxy for what the

sheeple are "thinking", as well as a decent proxy for what "they" are
"thinking" in "The Beltway". If you disagree with Mr. Mazor, you have
to be (uncomfortably) closer to the truth than whatever he is.

oly

If by "sheeple" you mean anyone who articulates the carefully reasoned and
common sense responses to issues that the majority of reasonable citizens
would pose in response to the nonsense "thinking" of extremist
right-wingers, I plead guilty as charged.

Or are we to believe that geography determines the ability to learn, think,
and reason? Since you're given to such stereotypes: If that's the case,
oly's "thinking" is stuck at the level of those parochially minded Illinois
farmland rustics and yokels whose idea of "keeping informed" is shouting
"Mega-dittoes!" to Limbaugh, Fox, et al., forwarding scurrilous Obama-hating
e-mails, and "confirming" their narrow-minded "thoughts" by chattering with
like-minded pals over a tail-gate case of beer or doing shooters at the Dew
Drop Inn. Heaven forefend that any one of these ignorant paranoids should
refrain from shooting from the hip, and actually delve into all the facts of
an issue to get an intelligent comprehension of both sides of the coin
on-topic reference noted for the record.

Too bad for you, oly, but except for certain partisan politicians and
political appointees, for most of us who lived and worked a career "inside
the Beltway" our jobs absolutely required us to examine and be able to
articulate all the aspects of an issue before deciding or recommending a
course of action. Even if what we had to say was not always welcomed by the
powers that be, we were paid to inform them of *all* aspects and
consequences of a particular policy or action. They don't pay the good
money that I earned merely to be surrounded by Yes Men. Anyone at the staff
level who consistently relied on the lazy "What would a PC liberal say?" or
"What do they want to hear?" approach to analysis and response would soon
find him or herself on the street or shunted to a menial position for gross
incompetence.

Also note that daily exposure to all sides of issues leads to forming
personal opinions on certain issues that are distinctly not
"liberal-minded". (Contrast this with the "Nanner, nanner! I can't hear
you!" attitude of parochially minded paranoids, whose views are frozen at a
sophomoric level of ignorance and denial.) So because my views are the
product of exposure to additional facts and thinking, they are not uniformly
anti-conservative - on average I'm middle-of-the-road - and when they are,
it is solely for a good reason.

Read 'em and weep, oly. Your slurs on people who were trained to take the
neutral, intellectual approach to issues by you characterizing them as elite
egg-heads speaks more of envy than truth.

OTOH, you and Bobsey Boy wouldn't last a day in a demanding job like that.
Not because of your politics - I've worked with many competent people who
are genuine mainstream conservatives - but because you are profoundly
deficient in the willingness/ability to seek out and weigh all facts and
views and only then produce a fully formed analysis and recommendation for
your yourself or your superiors.

- mazorj, Middle Name: Call me "OTOH & OTOH"

Old May 5th 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke

On 5/5/2011 9:21 AM, A. Nony Moose wrote:
"Frank wrote in message
"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Big words coming from a boy who constantly nymshifts in a pathetic
attempt to avoid killfiles.

How's that next suicide try going?

Old May 6th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"oly" wrote in message

snip

Mr. Mazor is still at least a nominal believer in a country where
nobody should take any official or main-stream media information at
face value anymore. We now have a culture of institutionalized lying
(and lots of people who know better will lie and say that we don't).

oly

You are correct only if by "nobody should take any official or main-stream
media information at face value" you accept my previously stated position
that we should give *healthy* credence to such information, but also
maintain a certain amount of "healthy skepticism". By that I mean that we
should not automatically assume that all such information is accurate to the
point of never being questioned. Whenever possible, confirmation should be
sought. But it does *not* mean automatically assuming that whatever was
said is inaccurate or a lie.

I would delete, or at least amplify on, the word "now" from your second
sentence. "Institutionalized government lying" was not invented by Obama or
Bush or even LBJ or Nixon. It goes back at least as far as WW2 and IMO
probably to a lesser extent even before that.

The WW2 "lying" usually was justifiable to deceive the enemy and protect the
security of military operations. However, there were plain old political
cover-ups too. One notorious example was the government's attempt to delay
news of the loss of the U.S.S. Indianapolis late in the war, and then to
justify an incompetently foolish decision by Naval higher-ups that led to
its otherwise avoidable sinking by a Japanese submarine, and then to the
avoidable loss of hundreds of sailors who perished in the water because of
the Navy's inexcusably slow learning of its sinking and the dispatching of
rescue forces. In that case, any claim of "secrecy for military necessity"
was a transparent fig leaf (if you can visualize that metaphor). The
sinking would already have been reported by the Japanese sub, so nothing of
important military value was gained by the cover-up. Furthermore, the
ship's captain was scapegoated as the cause of the loss when in fact he had
been deliberately been kept in the dark about the nearby presence of an
enemy sub. The whole pack of lies was concocted and clung to out of
political motives of the military, plain and simple.

The claim of the Gulf of Tonkin "attacks" against U.S. ships was another
deliberate government lie. So was Reagan's claim that he knew absolutely
nothing about the Iran-Contra operation, which he would have us believe was
carried out right there in the White House without the President having the
slightest inkling of its existence. This is much like the Pakistani
government claiming that for six years no one had the slightest inkling that
Osama was living half a mile from a major military facility. Okay, maybe
its president's awareness was limited to knowing that "he's somewhere
in-country" without him having the specific location or details; but you'd
have to be a Pakistani-loving sheeple to believe that no one in a position
of importance in the government and the Pakistani security forces knew the
particulars. Just as only an unquestioning Reagan adorer would believe that
"mistakes were made" totally without the president ever having the slightest
scrap of knowledge about the Iran-Contra operation. Neither passes the
smell test.

Granted, if you want to claim that Reagan slept through all of those
briefings, well, as unlikely as it may be, it does possess a teeny, tiny
grain of possible plausibility based on known facts about his tendency to
nod off at meetings. ;-)

Certain claims about Iraq, such as its alleged possession of weapons of mass
destruction, were so egregiously doubtful that the amount of blinkered
wishful thinking required to state them with a straight face as "fact" falls
into a gray zone that some might view as a form of lying through deliberate
avoidance of undeniable evidence to the contrary. Colin Powell's confession
of his strong doubts and his regret over being pressured to serve as a shill
for the White House on WMDs lends credence to that interpretation of Bush's
claims as being a marginal form of lying.

Clinton plain out lied about Monica, although that involved a personal
peccadillo that had nothing to do with public policy or action. Regarding
Obama, I'm not aware of any proven allegation of him lying. Not that I can
categorically rule out him ever lying - no one can prove the negative - but
disagreeing with him or doubting his word is not even close to proof of a
lie, it merely states a difference of opinion.

Having said all that, I've categorically proven the need for *healthy*
skepticism in government pronouncements. But that's a far cry from its
polar opposite, an unhealthy automatic disbelieving of everything the
government says. As I said, that's so far over the top that you'd need
binoculars to see it pass overhead.

Old May 6th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Frank wrote in message
"A. Nony Moose" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

The truly pathetic thing is that he apparently really believes that he is
fooling any of the regulars here.

How's that next suicide try going?

I figured that the current turn of this thread eventually would cause you to
weigh in.

Got any new dirt on Chameleon Boy? (Most of us already have seen the
previous monograph outlining his shockingly psychotic on-line behavior.)

Old May 9th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

The Taliban acknowledged that Osama bin Laden had been killed by US
forces.

Old May 9th 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On May 9, 9:31*am, Frank Provasek wrote:
The Taliban acknowledged that Osama bin Laden had been killed by US
forces.

Well now, they would say that, wouldn't they???

oly