Pro-PCGS posts

Old January 2nd 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default Pro-PCGS posts

Three anonymous first-time posters to RCC just post pro-PCGS messages.
This follows a fair amount of posts by real posters that shed negative
light on PCGS.

These posts discussed a judge tossing out PCGS's lawsuit against alleged
coin doctors, with the take-home message that it's PCGS's job to spot
coin doctoring in the first place, and a coin dealer who committed
suicide apparently being the recipient of negative posts on PCGS's
boards and PCGS then allegedly removing these posts from its site.

Anybody think there's any possibility that these three pro-PCGS
anonymous first-time posters aren't the work of PCGS's PR firm or
otherwise connected to PCGS? Anybody think that these posts don't make
PCGS look even worse?

PCGS is the top coin grading firm in the U.S., judging by popularity and
prices realized for coins it grades. It can do better than this nonsense.

Where's Ira, a real person, to defend PCGS when you need him?

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old January 2nd 11, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke

On 1/1/2011 4:25 PM, Reid Goldsborough wrote:
[...]

For what it's worth, I dumped my CLCT stock - hard - yesterday.
Old January 2nd 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

According to this ad in coin publications, there seems to be a lawsuit
brewing AGAINST PCGS on behalf of coin buyers who feel they were
harmed by failure of PCGS to buy back supposedly problem coins.

http://www.earlyus.com/coinforum/junk1101.jpg
Old January 2nd 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Troy

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
According to this ad in coin publications, there seems to be a lawsuit
brewing AGAINST PCGS on behalf of coin buyers who feel they were
harmed by failure of PCGS to buy back supposedly problem coins.

http://www.earlyus.com/coinforum/junk1101.jpg

Just ambulance chasers. Don't forget that even a new fresh out of law school
attorney has to win his first case sometime, not to mention that even the
attorney that graduated lowest in his class and just barely passed the bar
exam is still called an attorney. I don't think PCGS has anything to worry
about. These people are scum.

Old January 2nd 11, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RYK

Every possible category of mistake, misstep, mechanical error, typo, slight,
customer service gaffe, and blunder that has ever occurred at PCGS has been
reported, often ad nauseum and on multiple occasions, on this forum. Over
the last nearly 8 years, I cannot remember a single collector complaining
that PCGS did not treat him/her fairly on the grade guarantee. If anything,
the few that have had issues have been ebullient in their praise for how
they were treated.

Old January 2nd 11, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RYK

By the way, here is a comment from David "Home Run" Hall about this class
action lawsuit.

-----

Many of you have seen the ad in Coin World from two lawyers seeking clients
for a class action lawsuit regarding the PCGS grading guarantee.

Just so you know.

The firm, Jackson & Stephenson, is also representing Greg Krill and Tangible
Assets in a lawsuit regarding some coins we are holding that we think are
part of the doctoring lawsuit. Tangible Investments is a company owned or
somehow associated with Silvano DiGenova, I'm not usre of the exact
relationship. Jackson & Stephenson are also listed as an associate firm (or
something like that) in the major coin doctoring lawsuit. And Greg Krill and
Silvano DiGenova are defendants in the coin doctoring lawsuit.

Mark Stephenson did undergraduate work at UCLA and got his law degree from
South Western law school. Dorian Jackson did his undergraduate at UCLA and
got his law degree from Loyola. They both were admitted to the California
Bar in June, 2010.

homerunhall

Old January 2nd 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 1/1/2011 8:44 PM, Frank Provasek wrote:
According to this ad in coin publications, there seems to be a lawsuit
brewing AGAINST PCGS on behalf of coin buyers who feel they were
harmed by failure of PCGS to buy back supposedly problem coins.

http://www.earlyus.com/coinforum/junk1101.jpg

What do you think? Are these three just-arrived anonymous posters who
are posting pro-PCGS spin, or maybe one poster with three email
addresses, a part of a PR firm retained by PCGS? Or are they PCGS employees?

If a PR firm, PCGS should fire the firm. PCGS isn't being represented
professionally. If they're part of PCGS and they're doing this on their
own, they should be reprimanded. If this is an official in-house PCGS
effort, shame. I don't see it as the work of three coin collectors who
just happen to like PCGS, which is the pretense.

In any case, it's not working, and it can't possibly work the way it's
being carried out.

Old January 2nd 11, 05:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke

On 1/1/2011 8:17 PM, Reid Goldsborough wrote:
[...]

It's my feeling that they just happen to be three non-PCGS posters. I
might be wrong, but I doubt PCGS would do something that
bite-yourself-in-the-assish.
Old January 2nd 11, 01:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on 01/01/2011
at 11:17 PM, Reid Goldsborough said:

What do you think? Are these three just-arrived anonymous posters who are
posting pro-PCGS spin, or maybe one poster with three email addresses, a
part of a PR firm retained by PCGS? Or are they PCGS employees?

All three new posters are posting from the same news server, with the same
NNTP posting host headers using identical versions of Outlook. And all with
the same unnatural super-positive attitude. Personally, I don't care much
about the topic, but this seems like a one-person mission to me.

Nick