Best Coin Magazine?

Old August 5th 04, 02:54 PM
Jorg Lueke

Default Best Coin Magazine?

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:25:34 -0400, Christopher M. Coyle
wrote:

Hi! Collected as a kid and wanting to get back into it. What is the
best
coin magazine out there currently?
Thanks
Chris

What are you looking at collecting to start with?
What interests you about collecting coins (Profit, pretty shiny coins,
comulsion, history?)
Old August 5th 04, 02:59 PM
A.Gent

news
wrote:

Hi! Collected as a kid and wanting to get back into it. What is the
best
coin magazine out there currently?
Thanks
Chris

What are you looking at collecting to start with?
What interests you about collecting coins (Profit, pretty shiny coins,
comulsion, history?)

What country do you live in?

Old August 8th 04, 11:33 AM
A.Gent

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:48:00 +1000, "A.Gent"
wrote:

I'm a writer by profession.

No you're not. You're not a writer by profession. What you are is the
single dumbest person in this newsgroup, and you reinforce it with
every one of your responses like this.

And now you expect me to respond in kind to this provocation, which you
obviously hope to start another flamewar. g You seem to really like these
flamewars, this idiotic, content-free mudslinging gutterfighting. I don't. So
I won't respond in kind. But I will say, once again, I'm still a relative
neophyte here so he does what he typically does, says something absolutely and
utterly stupid. g Just trashtalk from a trashy person who says nothing but
trash in response to my posts making ridiculously amateurish mistakes.

--
Jeff R.
(*used* to be a writer by profession)

Old August 9th 04, 08:27 AM
A.Gent

"Ankaaz" wrote in message
Reid wrote:

"For whom and what did you write? snip Are you retired? What did you do?

Do
you do anything now besides what you're doing right now?"

Can't you just picture Reid demanding the answers?

http://mendosus.com/glomthis.html

and:

http://mendosus.com/reidisms.html

Old August 9th 04, 10:44 PM
gogu

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
Bruce Hickmott wrote:

A warm fire. A glass of brandy. A magnifying glass and a hoard of coins.

What
more can you ask?

Bruce (Okay, maybe some munchies)

After playing with the coins and french firewater?....a darkened but
fire lit room, the Brandenburg Concertos playing at a volume sufficient
to drown out any background `noise' excepting for the occasional
sparking of burning logs.....a fine lady,

.....and Talisker!

Ah, pure malt I see :-)
Oban for me, Sir !
My preferred 6: Oban (dry-sweet, perfect!), Talisker, Dalwhinnie,
Glenkinchie, Lagavulin (these 4 a bit sweet but good for some occasions...),
Cragganmore (a nice dry this one!).

--
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A

Old August 9th 04, 11:10 PM
Ian

gogu wrote:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

A warm fire. A glass of brandy. A magnifying glass and a hoard of coins.

What

more can you ask?

Bruce (Okay, maybe some munchies)

After playing with the coins and french firewater?....a darkened but
fire lit room, the Brandenburg Concertos playing at a volume sufficient
to drown out any background `noise' excepting for the occasional
sparking of burning logs.....a fine lady,

.....and Talisker!

Ah, pure malt I see :-)
Oban for me, Sir !
My preferred 6: Oban (dry-sweet, perfect!), Talisker, Dalwhinnie,
Glenkinchie, Lagavulin (these 4 a bit sweet but good for some occasions...),
Cragganmore (a nice dry this one!).

The beauty of single malts is that they all have their own character. It
can be fun discovering them. It can sometimes be painful too. Especially
the next day. :-)

If you get a chance, try GlenFiddich (18 yr). The 12 yr old is a bit
more fiery to the palate (too fiery for my taste). ;-)

Old August 10th 04, 12:06 AM
Mame

On my recent trip to New Zealand I spotted a bottle of 25year (or was it
40?) bottle of Glenfiddich in the duty free cabinet on display. The label
was hand written and numbered. All for the low price of $2500AUD Duty Free.
I jokingly asked for two bottles...she laughed and commented that someone
bought two bottles about 12months previously!!! Now that would be a
dilema....A bottle of Glenfiddich or a Coin...hmmm :-)

Mame

"Ian" wrote in message
gogu wrote:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Old August 10th 04, 12:24 PM
note.boy

I know someone that sells whisky in his shop and a customer buys a £199
bottle of whisky every month and drinks it, he does drive a Rolls Royce
so I suppose he can afford the whisky. Billy

Mame wrote:

On my recent trip to New Zealand I spotted a bottle of 25year (or was it
40?) bottle of Glenfiddich in the duty free cabinet on display. The label
was hand written and numbered. All for the low price of $2500AUD Duty Free.
I jokingly asked for two bottles...she laughed and commented that someone
bought two bottles about 12months previously!!! Now that would be a
dilema....A bottle of Glenfiddich or a Coin...hmmm :-)

Mame

"Ian" wrote in message
gogu wrote:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Old August 10th 04, 01:08 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:44:23 +0300, "gogu" is alleged to
have written:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
Bruce Hickmott wrote:

A warm fire. A glass of brandy. A magnifying glass and a hoard of coins.

What
more can you ask?

Bruce (Okay, maybe some munchies)

After playing with the coins and french firewater?....a darkened but
fire lit room, the Brandenburg Concertos playing at a volume sufficient
to drown out any background `noise' excepting for the occasional
sparking of burning logs.....a fine lady,

.....and Talisker!

Ah, pure malt I see :-)
Oban for me, Sir !
My preferred 6: Oban (dry-sweet, perfect!), Talisker, Dalwhinnie,
Glenkinchie, Lagavulin (these 4 a bit sweet but good for some occasions...),
Cragganmore (a nice dry this one!).

I'm deprived. The only one I recognize above is talisker, and I've yet to find
that to try.

I hope in Scotland that they don't have as much trouble finding good Bourbon.

Bruce
Old August 10th 04, 01:11 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:18:20 +0300, "gogu" is alleged to
have written:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:

? "Ian" ?????? ??? ??????

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

A warm fire. A glass of brandy. A magnifying glass and a hoard of

coins.

What

more can you ask?

Bruce (Okay, maybe some munchies)

After playing with the coins and french firewater?....a darkened but
fire lit room, the Brandenburg Concertos playing at a volume sufficient
to drown out any background `noise' excepting for the occasional
sparking of burning logs.....a fine lady,

.....and Talisker!

Ah, pure malt I see :-)
Oban for me, Sir !
My preferred 6: Oban (dry-sweet, perfect!), Talisker, Dalwhinnie,
Glenkinchie, Lagavulin (these 4 a bit sweet but good for some

occasions...),
Cragganmore (a nice dry this one!).

The beauty of single malts is that they all have their own character.

Sure they have!
I'll not stop until I fully understand the character all of them ;-)

It
can be fun discovering them. It can sometimes be painful too. Especially
the next day. :-)

LOL

If you get a chance, try GlenFiddich (18 yr). The 12 yr old is a bit
more fiery to the palate (too fiery for my taste). ;-)

Glenfiddich is one of the most common and popular single malts here but I
really prefer Oban ;-)
Sorry my American friends, I can't stand bourbon :-)

You're allowed not to like it, as long as you've tried it. Me mother used to
tell me that at dinner when we had a new vegetable, but i don't know that she
intended it to apply to Bourbon.

For myself, I can't stand Gin. Apologies to my British brethren.

Bruce