Full collection of stamps from Congo Ruanda Burundi ?

Old June 12th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Full collection of stamps from Congo Ruanda Burundi ?

"Titi"
real fan -almost professional in that field -

That assumes either you can judge and know what a professional is,
or it is hearsay.
Either way it doesn't sound convincing.

Old June 12th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Titi a écrit :
Hi,

You will be surprised by the quality. All series are complete,
managed by a real fan -almost professional in that field - most
stamps if not all are new or unused excepted some very old ones, real
collectors items as are the 5 big albums that gather all stamps.
I think that I will sale it either via my web to the best offer or by
public auction.
In the best case, what could be a reasonable maximum price : I know
that I can easy get 2000 euros per album, so 10000 euros for all 5. I
think that at that price it is bargain, all the more that some shops
told me that i can get much more, but how many ?

You are dreaming and totally unconscious of the realities of life ...
You sould sell that stuff *immediately* to those shops who offer you 10
000 euros :-)))

For your information : I just checqued the Yvert catalog value of all
the stamps of Congo & Moyen-Congo from 1916 : this amounts to the
huuuuge amount of 286.20 Euros !

Thus, if you are lucky, you may get 30 to 60 Euros for this stuff.

Anyway, this is not the place for such discussions : please go to

--

Pierre Courtiade
courtiade at free dot fr

Old June 12th 09, 07:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Titi a écrit :
[...]

We learned from him that "...all the more that some shops told me that i can
get much more... (then 10K Euro - VM)". His collection was already "aprised"
but nobody was ready to pay the price..., therefore he decided to give it a
try here too.

Because Titi finally got his free appraisal from RCSD, at least partially,
I'm keen to see if he will thank you, Pierre, for your efforts.

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 12th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:04:39 +0800, rodney wrote:

I recently read, I cannot recall from whence, that the philatelic elite,
on hearing of the sale of the Roosevelt collection,
considered it "junk"
This would tend to confirm your comments. IIRC it realised around
$200,000 at the time.

Right! We have been overlooking the possibility that Titi may be a
celebrity, head of state, royalty even! *That* may be why the collection
is worth so much.

Yet having said that, I have seen Hutt River collections realise $300
and Penny blacks regulary realise over $1000 in my little hamlet. It's a
bit of a dog's breakfast out there.

Wait -- *single* penny blacks?

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 12th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yes, indeed,
in fact I may be able to prove it.
IIRC the stamp auction in question actually posts its results (how wonderful
that is)
I'll have a lookeesee.

"Joshua McGee"

Old June 12th 09, 10:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Alas, no
The first auction has been removed.
IIRC there were two singles that reached (let's say) above $700
I do recall a bidding war and it may have gone over the $1000 but I cannot
be really sure.
I also remember one going over that in a suburban auction, that's not to say
they all do
I have also seen them as "door prize" at auctions.
http://www.acestampauctions.com/realised.php

The dealer is Ian Boulton, a local lad, who found his way to Stanley Gibbons
http://www.acestampauctions.com/about.php

Old June 13th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Victor Manta wrote :
Because Titi finally got his free appraisal from RCSD, at least
partially, I'm keen to see if he will thank you, Pierre, for your
efforts.

He he he ;-)

Not so much effort for making this appraisal as there are not many
stamps from Congo : it took me 5 minutes to do this.
(The remaining stamps in his 5 albums should be "wallpaper" stamps from
Zaire and Ruanda Burundi ;-).

--
All the best

Pierre

Old June 13th 09, 10:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

A suitable stamp to celebrate this optimism?
http://cjoint.com/data/gnlJNNPvpU.htm

"Pierre COURTIADE"

Old June 13th 09, 11:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message
A suitable stamp to celebrate this optimism?
http://cjoint.com/data/gnlJNNPvpU.htm

Quite suitable, just that our new born seller will, probably , get enough to
fill his pocket (one being largely sufficient) only.

--
Victor Manta