Attn: Mette ~ Swarovski

Old November 15th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default Attn: Mette ~ Swarovski

G'day Mette,
FYI
I note there is a new issue "Joint Issue" Austria / Hong Kong
that features the swarovski "crystal fabric" in their "Fireworks" topical.
Makes the fireworks glitter apparently.

HTH

Old November 15th 06, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default Mette ~ Swarovski

"Rod" skrev i en meddelelse

G'day Mette,
FYI
I note there is a new issue "Joint Issue" Austria / Hong Kong
that features the swarovski "crystal fabric" in their "Fireworks"
topical.
Makes the fireworks glitter apparently.

Thanks Rod. I have just looked up both issues in the WNS database. In spite
of what is mentioned on the Zimmerman Joint Issue Website, the WNS does not,
strangely enough, mention any kind of a joint issue, and no mention of the
"Crystal Fabric".either. Just "Fireworks".

I will keep this in mind, though, but it could easily turn out to be a case
similar to Denmark/Malta some time ago with a false statement about a joint
issue on the HCA-theme.

Thanks anyway :-)

Mette

Old November 15th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Mette wrote:
"Rod" skrev i en meddelelse

G'day Mette,
FYI
I note there is a new issue "Joint Issue" Austria / Hong Kong
that features the swarovski "crystal fabric" in their "Fireworks"
topical.
Makes the fireworks glitter apparently.

Thanks Rod. I have just looked up both issues in the WNS database. In spite
of what is mentioned on the Zimmerman Joint Issue Website, the WNS does not,
strangely enough, mention any kind of a joint issue, and no mention of the
"Crystal Fabric".either. Just "Fireworks".

I will keep this in mind, though, but it could easily turn out to be a case
similar to Denmark/Malta some time ago with a false statement about a joint
issue on the HCA-theme.

Thanks anyway :-)

Mette

Excellent response Mette.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old November 15th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Excellent response Mette.
Ralphael, the OLD one

http://cjoint.com/data/lpn2mrWDJ0.htm

Old November 15th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Ralphael1" skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...

-big snip for brevity.

Excellent response Mette.

Thanks Ralph. In the meantime Rodney has sent me privately an image from
Australian Stamp News, where it is announced as a joint issue. Checking out
Hong Kong Stamps online, a similar statement is made, also mentioning that
the HK-stamps are printed in Austria. But, cross checking the Austrian Post
(Philately), no mention what so ever ... However, it could be that it is
simply sold out in Austria, and therefore is not listed. After all, it's
three months ago (22nd August 2006).

The fact remains that WNS gives no informatiion to the fact. They usually do
in such cases, e.g. the recent Garbo-stamp USA/Sweden, and many others. .

I am slightly puzzled about this whole thing, as the scenario was exactly
the same with the aforementioned Malta/Denmark HCA-issue. Malta Post
insisted that the Malta stamps were a joint issue with Denmark. Denmark said
firmly "no". Their argument was that the Danish design had been loaned to
Malta, who simply copied it to their own stamps, and let them appear on the
same date as Denmark, calling them a joint-issue. Denmark said further, that
IF it had been an official joint issue, the Malta stamps would have been for
sale in Denmark together with the similar Danish set. They were not, and
therefore denied as an official joint issue. In the context I remember also
the Romanian HCA-stamp, which happened to be a mirrored design of the
similar Danish stamp (but was NOT claimed to be a joint issue).

I just wonder whether this might be also the case with the present
Swarovsky-stamps? Are there any Austrian collectors around, who might be to
confirm/disprove ??

Mette

Old November 15th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

. ..

.

[...]

OK Rod, you win :-)
After long searches I finally found the Austrian press release
http://www.post.at/presse/detail.php?lan=eng&meldung=96

The former Sammler-Service that gave extensive information about all
Austrian stamps, old as well as recent, seems to be obsolete - at least I
had a 404-message - so simply googling for any Austrian info on the question
pointed me to the above link.

Mette

Mette

Old November 15th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Mette wrote:
"Mette" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..

"Ralphael1" skrev i en meddelelse
oups.com...

-big snip for brevity.

More snipping.

Mette, what puts my underwear in a wad about this issue is that I paid
a couple of bucks for the Hong Kong pair of stamps but to get the
Austria part will cost me $16 USD.
I prefer single stamps but some issues I cannot seperate them from
format they were issued, like the Austria Fireworks souvenir sheet.
Sweden is notorious for using booklet format for the joint issues. The
Seaborg issue with Finland is tough for me to deal with.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old November 15th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

No question of "winning" or "losing" Mette,

I just love your page presentations, and hoped you could eventually
expand your current "Swarovski" page.
Just sharing knowledge
Keep up the marvelous work, but as suggested prior, rather expensive items!

OK Rod, you win :-)

Old November 15th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Mette" wrote in message
. ..

"Rod" skrev i en meddelelse

G'day Mette,
FYI
I note there is a new issue "Joint Issue" Austria / Hong Kong
that features the swarovski "crystal fabric" in their "Fireworks"
topical.
Makes the fireworks glitter apparently.

Thanks Rod. I have just looked up both issues in the WNS database. In
spite of what is mentioned on the Zimmerman Joint Issue Website, the WNS
does not, strangely enough, mention any kind of a joint issue, and no
mention of the "Crystal Fabric".either. Just "Fireworks".

I will keep this in mind, though, but it could easily turn out to be a
case similar to Denmark/Malta some time ago with a false statement about a
joint issue on the HCA-theme.

Thanks anyway :-)

Mette

Here it is:

Österreichisches Marken- und Ganzsachenausgabeprogramm 2006 (Program etc.)

Special sheet - Sondermarkenblock
Print run: 350.000
Name: Joint issue - Gemeinschaftsausgabe Österreich - Hong Kong
Face value: Euro 7.50
Early buy: 24.07.2006
Issue date: 22.08.2006
http://app.post.at/shop/ausgabeprogramm.php?year=2006

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old November 15th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Whilst on the subject of "joint issues"
(ex-hippies of the 70's need not queue, these are stamps )

There is a large sheet (that will not fit into any album) by China
celebrating their successful bid of the 08 Olympics.
The sheet incorporates stamps from China, Hong Kong and Macau
Would these qualify as joint issues?