Katrina Relief Auctions On Ebay

Old September 12th 05, 06:52 AM
Chuck Swisher

Default Katrina Relief Auctions On Ebay

Hi all,

I know this isn't much, but hopefully it will help some. We have just
listed two sets of Swisher Pens "exclusives" on E-Bay, one of our Conway
Stewart "Argyll" sets in the Razorshell material and the other a Sailor
Magellan set in Lapis Blue. The total amounts received from these auctions
will be donated to either the Red Cross or the Salvation Army (your choice).
For further information or to place a bid, please visit the following links:

Sailor/Swisher Pens Lapis Blue Magellan set -

Conway Stewart/Swisher Pens Razorshell Argyll set -

Thank you, we appreciate your bids on these pens.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher and Chun Lee

Swisher Pens, Inc. - www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757

Old September 14th 05, 06:35 AM
Chuck Swisher

Hi all,

Apparently, you must have written permission from the Red Cross, Salvation
Army, and other charity organizations before you can use their names in a
listing on ebay. I would have never dreamed it would be so difficult to
make a donation to a charity organization. I expect when someone tells them
we mentioned the Red Cross and the Salvation Army in the Conway Stewart
auction it will be pulled as well. Here is the ruling we received from
e-bay regarding the closing of this auction:

Dear swisherpens,
We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

6560926022 - Sailor/Swisher Exclusive FP, RB, BP and PL Set

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Charity policy and has been
removed from eBay. We have credited all associated fees to your account and
notified eBay users associated with the transaction that it has been
cancelled.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your
listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

We are auction this Sailor/Swisher Exclusive Lapis blue magellan fountain
pen, rollerball, ballpoint and pencil set for Hurricane Katrina relief fund.
Only 10 set made. Winner has a choice to donate the money to Red Cross or
Salvation Army. We can only accept money order or cashier check make payable
to Red Cross or Salvation Army. We will forward your payment to Red Cross or
Salvation Army.

eBay encourages community members to be active in supporting charitable
endeavors. Because charitable fundraising is a highly regulated area subject
to numerous state and federal laws, eBay has partnered with MissionFish to
make charitable listing easy and has created very specific guidelines for
when charitable solicitations will be allowed on eBay.

Non-MissionFish listings

1. Sellers may only list items on behalf of a charity if the charity has
provided advance written consent for the solicitation. To prove that you
have obtained that consent, you must include a scanned copy of the consent
in the listing.
2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4
charitable organizations.

MissionFish listings

1. Sellers may only list items via MissionFish on eBay that meet the
MissionFish listing guidelines, including the guidelines designed to obtain
advance consent from the charities.
2. Sellers may only solicit on behalf of recognized 501c3 or 501c4
charitable organizations.For more information on Charity visit the following
Help page:For more information on Charity visit the following Help page:

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit
of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account
suspension.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, I guess we will have
to find some other way to make a donation to one or both of these
organizations.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher -

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787