Omas 360 Piston-Fillers

Old September 2nd 05, 04:04 PM
Paul G

Default Omas 360 Piston-Fillers

Hi All,
Interested in you comments on the Omas 360 piston-fillers.
I've used a "Wilde" roller for some time now, and have come to like the
feel and shape over time.
Thinking of purchasing the same size fountain pen, and would apperciate
the thoughts and comments of the group.
Thanks, and enjoy the weekend,
Pelikano Paul

Old September 2nd 05, 08:36 PM
Juan

I own 6 Omas fountain pens, but none is a 360. I've tried it though.
The 360 fp is a either you love or hate it (and many times you hate it
because ergonomics don't let you love it =F1_=F1).

I mean, you can't rotate the nib (as you can with a parker 75), and the
triangular sectioncan be an ergonomic problem.

Of course, the nib can be put in a different position by an experienced
person, so my advise is not to buy it online, but in a shop with a
counter, a knowleadge person and all that.

Omas rule!!

Juan

Old September 2nd 05, 08:45 PM
Mmm

I have several of these, and I like to use them.

BUT -

this pen feels different in your hand than any other fp that I own.
And different than the roller, it forces a certain relationship
between your hand, the pen, and the nib on the paper.

This is not a pen I would buy without trying one. I like mine, but
could easily see that someone would find it uncomfortable to write
with.

mh

Old September 2nd 05, 09:23 PM
EvdL

Paul G wrote:
Hi All,
Interested in you comments on the Omas 360 piston-fillers.
I've used a "Wilde" roller for some time now, and have come to like the
feel and shape over time.
Thinking of purchasing the same size fountain pen, and would apperciate
the thoughts and comments of the group.
Thanks, and enjoy the weekend,
Pelikano Paul

Great pen, no problems whatsoever. It is definitely a good writer.
(that is the normal size, is "Wilde" a special model?)

E.
Old September 3rd 05, 03:21 AM
Paul G

"EvdL" wrote in message
Paul G wrote:
Hi All,
Interested in you comments on the Omas 360 piston-fillers.
I've used a "Wilde" roller for some time now, and have come to like
the feel and shape over time.
Thinking of purchasing the same size fountain pen, and would
apperciate the thoughts and comments of the group.
Thanks, and enjoy the weekend,
Pelikano Paul

Great pen, no problems whatsoever. It is definitely a good writer.
(that is the normal size, is "Wilde" a special model?)

E.

The "Wilde" is the largest size...celluloid, similar to the Galileo.
I greatly appreciate all the feedback. I tried the 360 today, and while
I enjoy the roller, the fp was not for me. The feel just wasn't right in
my left hand.
I did end up with a beautiful Ogiva Autumn celuloid...beautiful
pen...more after I fill it up.
Thanks again,
Pelikanyo omas too Paul

Old September 3rd 05, 05:56 AM
BL

Paul G wrote:

The "Wilde" is the largest size...celluloid,
similar to the Galileo. ....

Yep, "Wild" is what OMAS calls the black cracked ice celluloid they use
to make 360s. The celluloid looks like the stuff they used to make the
Galileo. -- B

Old September 3rd 05, 03:11 PM
EvdL

BL wrote:
Paul G wrote:

The "Wilde" is the largest size...celluloid,
similar to the Galileo. ....

Yep, "Wild" is what OMAS calls the black cracked ice celluloid they use
to make 360s. The celluloid looks like the stuff they used to make the
Galileo. -- B

Thanks, I tried the largest size, too big for me. The cracked ice
is very nice, bit too expensive compared to the plain black one for
my taste.

Has anybody tried the OMAS Imagination?
(see: http://www.stylophilesonline.com/06-05/06imagine.htm )
I don't know whether it is beautiful or ugly...

E.
Old September 6th 05, 12:13 AM
j fabian

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:21:44 -0400, Paul G wrote:

Pelikanyo omas too Paul

Good lord, was that a pig I just saw flying over Manhattan? Pelikanyo
posting about Omas with no mention whatsoever of Vise Grips?

It is a new world...

--
j o n f a b i a n | f a b i a n 'a t' p a n i x 'd o t' com
looked good on paper | architecture & criticism
Old September 6th 05, 12:56 AM
Paul G

"j fabian" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:21:44 -0400, Paul G wrote:

Pelikanyo omas too Paul

Good lord, was that a pig I just saw flying over Manhattan? Pelikanyo
posting about Omas with no mention whatsoever of Vise Grips?

It is a new world...

--
j o n f a b i a n | f a b i a n 'a t' p a n i x 'd o t' com
looked good on paper | architecture & criticism

LOL...okay, I admit to purchasing the optional Vise Grips used for
turning the filler knob.
While I am again giving Omas a fair chance in my habd, I will admit the
smooth Ogvia is a lot harder to turn than the paragon...my fingers slide
against the smooth surface witout the Vise Grips

Guess I'm just spoiled...I can fill a Pelikan or Aurora piston pen with
oun hand.
Hopefully, when the new Ogiva Autumn celluloid is filled I'll have
better luck with it than my past experiences with Omas fountains.

Will keep you posted,
Pelikanyo Paul oink!

Old September 6th 05, 01:14 AM
BL

Paul G wrote:
LOL...okay, I admit to purchasing the optional
Vise Grips used for turning the filler knob.
While I am again giving Omas a fair chance in my
habd, I will admit the smooth Ogvia is a lot
harder to turn than the paragon...my fingers slide
against the smooth surface witout the Vise
Grips

M-m-m-m yeah... honest-to-G-d celluloid nitrate will do that to ya, P...
It's quite slippery... more so than would-be celluloid (e.g., vegetal
resin and the imitation celluloid Pelikan and Aurora use to make their
pens). Heehee... And all this time I thought a dietary insufficiency was
behind Paul's weak grasp (insufficent Wheaties intake), but it's just
slippery fingers syndrome. Must be Joisy ting.

Guess I'm just spoiled...I can fill a Pelikan or
Aurora piston pen with oun hand.

yawn

Hopefully, when the new Ogiva Autumn celluloid is filled I'll have
better luck with it than my past
experiences with Omas fountains.

Will keep you posted,
Pelikanyo Paul oink!

Jon ever show you that scarlet 557-F with flex stub he bought from me?
Oink! Jon, you still got that thing? Workin'? -- B

Piston fillers wanted KCat Pens & Pencils 4 May 14th 05 10:25 AM
Piston fillers for under 20.00????? Pens & Pencils 8 May 9th 05 01:54 AM
Pelikan Go f/s - gereat inexpensive piston fillers M75 DovR Pens & Pencils 0 November 2nd 04 11:12 AM
Omas 557-S Jack Harrell Pens & Pencils 6 September 18th 04 11:16 PM
Plunger vs. Piston FIller David Heverly Pens & Pencils 6 December 7th 03 03:34 PM