Attn: Jan-Martin Hertzsch~Honolulu Hawaii

Old February 20th 05, 07:52 AM
Didier Cuidet

Le Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:16:22 +0800, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Rodney" a écrit :

| Oh dear, Rodney.
| I sense you should have addressed this as a reply to one of the earlier
| threads on this subject.

That's exactly what I did.

It is a better way to answer in the thread.

with a polite attention to the original poster.

Write the name of a poster in the subject of a message is not a mark of
politeness.

--
DC
Old February 20th 05, 09:42 AM
Victor Manta

"Rodney" a écrit :

| Oh dear, Rodney.
| I sense you should have addressed this as a reply to one of the earlier
| threads on this subject.

That's exactly what I did.

It is a better way to answer in the thread.

with a polite attention to the original poster.

Write the name of a poster in the subject of a message is not a mark of
politeness.

--
DC

Rodney,

I assure you that the posting above is far away from the usual French
politeness. I'm sure that Pierre or Didier can confirm my assertion.

Such a pity, because M. Cuidet is able to write interesting and polite
things too.
--
Victor Manta

Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old February 20th 05, 10:15 AM
Didier Cuidet

Le Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:58:18 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

"Didier Cuidet" skrev i en meddelelse
news
It is not my problem, but the problem of this group, that is too many
used for communication from one to one.

Didier, it is not the problem of this group. Nobody here, but you, has
complained.

Of course, you, who have the habit to post off-topic messages, are not
the very person to complain.

Newsgroups are dedicated for the communication from one to many.

Even if the message you are complaining about was meant for one only, it may
have interest for many. It is still about stamps.

Maybe, I don't know. I don't use to read personal messages when it is
not addressed to me.

So, send a message with the name of someone in the subject is generally
considered as a bad manner in the newsgroups. Overall if it appears that
it is a private message.

If such messages annoy you, then just avoid reading them.

Such messages annoy the person whose name is used in the subject. Such
message may arrive in newsgroups where it may cause problems for him.

At any rate,
please bear in mind, that you have not been asked to "moderate" this group.

But as it is a group of discussion, I can give my opinion about how it
works. It is right that I have forgotten to add [META] in the subject.

Rodney has shown no sign of bad manners.

You are not the very person to talk about good manners.

But what is generally considered
bad manners, is to criticize someone in public. If you want to criticize
anyone, do it privately and directly to the person involved.

Writing to , for instance ?

We shall talk about off-topic messages an other time.

Again, the message you complain about now, is not off-topic. It is about
stamps.

See above.

--
DC
Old February 20th 05, 11:20 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Didier Cuidet" skrev i en meddelelse

- snip -

Writing to , for instance ?

What concerns me, you can always write to the address mentioned in the
autosignature, which -- for spam reasons -- is blurred like yours. Many
people here have found that out, and the mail arrives. For your convenience
it is repeated he heindorffhus at heindorffhus dot dk
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Old February 20th 05, 12:48 PM
Didier Cuidet

Le Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:20:23 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

"Didier Cuidet" skrev i en meddelelse

- snip -

Writing to , for instance ?

What concerns me, you can always write to the address mentioned in the
autosignature, which -- for spam reasons -- is blurred like yours. Many
people here have found that out, and the mail arrives. For your convenience
it is repeated he heindorffhus at heindorffhus dot dk

The field Reply-to is available for this purpose.

--
DC
Old February 20th 05, 01:40 PM
Roger Smith

"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

"Didier Cuidet" skrev i en meddelelse

- snip -

Writing to , for instance ?

What concerns me, you can always write to the address mentioned in the
autosignature, which -- for spam reasons -- is blurred like yours. Many
people here have found that out, and the mail arrives. For your
convenience
it is repeated he heindorffhus at heindorffhus dot dk

The field Reply-to is available for this purpose.

--
DC

M Cuidet

Make sure that you know what you are talking about before you broadcast such
insulting rubbish to the world.

Clearly you do not, and you are now killfiled by me and, I am sure, many
others on this NG who would have been interested in contributions you might
wish to make in future on philatelic matters.

Roger

Old February 20th 05, 02:17 PM
Rodney

Oh well Victor,
"Mai Pben Rai" (Thai, for never mind)
I won't get intelligence mixed up with manners,
I am sure this fellow can write a mean piece,
but his charm is as attractive as a guy with bad breath, at a dinner party.
He is kill filed, and no loger exists for me.

This was a nice place to "pop in",
now I just find it a little tainted.
but I'll get over it

Old February 20th 05, 03:29 PM
Victor Manta

"amesh \(Mette\)" a écrit :

"Didier Cuidet" skrev i en meddelelse
news

Such messages annoy the person whose name is used in the subject.

So let him speak for himself, don't speak in his name.

You are not the very person to talk about good manners.

So, so, now you give lessons about manners to somebody who worked in the
diplomacy for her country. What make you think that you are really qualified
for this difficult task?

--
DC

Eventually see you again on news:fr.rec.philatelie (where you are well knows
for your bad manners), where yesterday you have largely criticized my point
of view on copyrights, in the Dallay - Yvert stamp catalogues editors
dispute, but obviously you haven't one of your own to offer.

And don't hope that I will ever killfile you! :-)))

Old February 21st 05, 08:35 AM
Didier Cuidet

Le Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:29:14 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Victor Manta" a écrit :

"Didier Cuidet" wrote in message

Such messages annoy the person whose name is used in the subject.

So let him speak for himself, don't speak in his name.

More, he was not the person who asked the question.

You are not the very person to talk about good manners.

So, so, now you give lessons about manners to somebody who worked in the
diplomacy for her country. What make you think that you are really qualified
for this difficult task?

You only have an authoritative argument ? We are on usenet, what you
could have done out of usenet does not matter.

«*On usenet, nobody knows that you are a dog*»

Eventually see you again on news:fr.rec.philatelie (where you are well knows
for your bad manners), where yesterday you have largely criticized my point
of view on copyrights, in the Dallay - Yvert stamp catalogues editors
dispute, but obviously you haven't one of your own to offer.

And don't hope that I will ever killfile you! :-)))

If you have something to add to your answer in frp, do it in frp.

--
DC
Old February 21st 05, 10:13 AM
Jan-Martin Hertzsch

Rodney wrote:
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=610

It may have been on varied stationery.
This one is on a "Special Despatch" cover.

Thanks for the scan! You must have a well-stocked newspaper archive :-)

I can confirm that there was quite varied stationery with those
stamp imprints (for lack of a better word) - the cover on which
I have seen one was stationery of a firm (Castle & Cooke, I believe;
does anybody know what their business was?).

Jan-Martin