Mass drying

Old August 22nd 03, 12:48 PM
Craig

Default Mass drying

Hi all,

I thought their was an article here about ways to dry soaked stamps in
quantities ? Did i dream it ? If i did does anyone know of a quicker
way to dry a lot at time ?

Regards

Craig

Old August 22nd 03, 09:18 PM
TC

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:48:21 GMT, Craig wrote:

Hi all,

I thought their was an article here about ways to dry soaked stamps in
quantities ? Did i dream it ? If i did does anyone know of a quicker
way to dry a lot at time ?

Regards

Craig

I use old copies of Linn's and put them in
about every third page or so.

Blair

Old August 23rd 03, 10:43 AM
Craig

Thats what i do at present, has anyone had any success putting the
whole lot in a tumble dryer on a low heat

Old August 23rd 03, 05:37 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:01:48 GMT, wrote:

I use blotter paper and patience.

One of the only "true" ways. Otherwise, you wind up with some that
still have gum, stuck to said newspaper / book and what do you do then
with the book? Cut it up?

I need some new blotter paper. I took one of those drying books and
pulled the blotter paper out. The shuny pages didn't do much for my
stamps except leave a shiny coating on some of them. Yuck.

Tracy Barber
Old August 23rd 03, 05:37 PM
Tracy Barber

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:43:29 GMT, Craig wrote:

Thats what i do at present, has anyone had any success putting the
whole lot in a tumble dryer on a low heat

They may shrink!

Tracy Barber
Old August 23rd 03, 11:40 PM
David F.

Hi all,

I thought their was an article here about ways to dry soaked stamps in
quantities ? Did i dream it ? If i did does anyone know of a quicker
way to dry a lot at time ?

Regards

Craig

An excellent method, developed and used over many decades!

Philately often relies on the patience of the collector, to obtain
the best results - in the end!

David.

Old August 24th 03, 02:06 AM
Tracy Barber

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:38:51 +0100, "David F."
wrote:

Thats what i do at present, has anyone had any success putting the
whole lot in a tumble dryer on a low heat

They may shrink!

Tracy Barber

There are also small gaps around the edge of the tumbling drum that
stamps may slip through, to be lost forever in the drainage system!

Ooops! There goes a penny black! :^)

Tracy Barber
Old August 24th 03, 03:11 AM
Art Mongan

I have heard of people using a small net bag that ties at the top. Be sure
that there is not a metal closure. My drier does not have a low heat setting
so I have not tried it. Forty some years ago there was an advertisement for
a stamp washing/drying machine that looked like one of the small portable
washers. art

Old August 24th 03, 03:53 AM
Rodney

That's why I use back of stamp to oven bags,
not one damaged or adhered in the last 15,000

US Presidents note.boy Coins 8 November 2nd 04 11:53 AM
OT kinda--as in it's not coins but--Freeze drying old paper currency. bri Coins 3 February 22nd 04 01:49 AM
Ronald Reagan Dollar Unfounded Rumors Coins 119 December 14th 03 02:43 PM
FA: Louisiana, Mass. & Wash. D.C. obsolete currency JSTONE9352 General 0 November 16th 03 06:18 PM
OT weapons of mass destruction J. A. McNerney Coins 0 July 16th 03 07:24 PM