1965 VIP Gold Pen LA Dodgers Engraved signatures!

Old September 11th 05, 09:45 AM
Victor Bravo

Default 1965 VIP Gold Pen LA Dodgers Engraved signatures!

This is perhaps the rarest collector item for the sports collector and
a very rare item for collectors of writing instruments.

This is a 1965-66 vintage gold plated fountain pen, engraved by hand
with the signatures of six LA Dodgers hall of famers (Koufax, Drysdale,
Howard, Eills, Snider, Davis). There were VERY few of these pens ever
made and they were NEVER available to the public.

These pens were given out only to celebrity and VIP friends of the team
owners. This one was given out to Milton Berle, aka Uncle Miltie who
was a friend of the team from their days in Brooklyn to Los Angeles.

These pens are so rare that you never see them up for auction even at
the high end sports auctions. Bill Mastro, one of the leading sports
auctioneers told me several years ago that he figured it would go for
5-8K at auction. But that was before Drysdale passed away and before
Milton Berle passed away. And I didn't elect to sell it back then.

The pen will come with a fantastic letter of provenance from a member
of the Milton Berle family and eyewitness to the presentation of the
pen (from the dodgers' owner Mr. O'Malley, Vin Scully, and Dodgers'
corporate executive Danny Goodman) to Milton Berle in the team's locker
room at Dodger Stadium.

This item is currently for auction on ebay. Type in gold pen dodgers
drysdale and you will find it. I truly hoep that someone will cherish
this item and enojy it. It has been in my family from 1967 until now.
Serious parties can contact me through ebay. Questions about my reserve
price will be met with questions about your bank account

Bill Berle