One Flame Coins

Old June 1st 12, 05:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_4_]

Default One Flame Coins

It has been awhile since I have posted but I am still around.

I have been going thru some of my coins and stuff and came across some
of the RCC coins that were minted for the active members several years
ago. I remember a discussion back then that we could have a real silver
coin and I am looking at the one flame "coin" and am wondering if
anybody remembers if it was actually silver. The color looks right but
it in a vacuum package and I can't tell.

George

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
Old June 1st 12, 06:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Jun 1, 12:14*am, George wrote:
It has been awhile since I have posted but I am still around.

I have been going thru some of my coins and stuff and came across some
of theRCCcoins that were minted for the active members several years
ago. I remember a discussion back then that we could have a realsilver
coin and I am looking at the oneflame"coin" and am wondering if
anybody remembers if it was actuallysilver. The color looks right but
it in a vacuum package and I can't tell.

George

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
and eventually destroy any human liberty you have. Fear government, pray
for the country.

Hey, George. I was sure the One Flame token was really silver, but I
googled "RCC Silver Flame" and got a bunch of its. Buzz did have them
struck in silver. Mintage was about 120 or so. I still have two full
sets of all of the tokens, including the Sparks.

Jerry
Old June 1st 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_4_]

On 5/31/2012 10:21 PM, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Jun 1, 12:14 am, wrote:
[...]

Hi Jerry glad you are still around. I sometimes look at what is being
posted here and than when I notice that there is just about no
information and a lot of BS I don't even look at what is going on for a
few more months. I keep hoping the group will go back to what it was in
the old days.

I too have 2 complete sets including the spark and some extras of a few.
Such as the silver one flame.

I am going to start cutting back on my accumulation of coins and try and
make it easier to manage. I helped a friend that inherited a collection
when her husband died and she did not have the slightest knowledge of
what she had or how to liquidate it.

So I am going to liquidate parts of mine and figure out how to leave
instructions on what to do with things like the RCC special mint items.

If anybody has an interest in a set of the RCC "coins" email me or post
it here and than maybe we can do something.

Have fun

George

Old June 2nd 12, 07:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Jun 1, 12:14 am, *wrote:
[...]

for the country.- Hide quoted text -

Back at you, George. There aren't many of us "old timers" left from
the old days. After the ACG lawsuit and major troll attack a few
years back, most went to PCGS, NGC, CoinTalk, or CoinPeople. I, too,
miss the old times.

For my own collection, my son stopped by with a few Canadian cents he
pulled from his change jar. We chatted a few minutes, and he asked if
I had any cool coins. I pulled out my stash and showed him some
commemorative proofs and a few SAEs. He mentioned he was sorry he
sold off his small collection a few years ago (he forgot he sold it to
me). I pulled them out and said I couldn't get rid of them since I
knew he'd want them back someday. He was thrilled when I gave them
back to him for free. The numismatic bug has bitten another.

If I remember right, Eric Tillery sold a complete set of RCC Tokens on
ebay for $135. Proceeds went to the RCC Anti-ACG Defense Fund. I
don't know if there would be any interest in them any longer, but you
never know. I intend to let my estate beneficiaries decide what to do
with one set. I intend to be buried with the other.

Jerry

Flame Me. LOL pe2[_7_] Autographs 7 March 14th 08 05:33 PM
FS: 2004-S R.C.C. One Flame {Silver} Coins 1 October 17th 06 01:46 AM
OT - though not really. Flame Warriors Jeff R Coins 2 June 13th 05 02:51 PM
The Next Trade Flame George V Huse Jr Coins 3 March 4th 04 09:47 AM
One Quarter Flame JOPN Coins 5 February 11th 04 08:45 PM