Still hoping...

Old December 19th 05, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Still hoping...

....to get my Marine Corps Proof order. For several weeks, when I've checked
the status of this order, the Mint's Web site has stated "In stock and
reserved." I called the Mint a moment ago, and upon my asking the nice lady
what the term ""In stock and reserved" means, she said "Sir, that means that
you are almost guaranteed that you will receive what you ordered." When I
asked her to please expound on what "ALMOST guaranteed" means, she quickly
stressed "Sir, you WILL get your order." When I asked when it will be
shipped, she replied "Sir, it will be shipped within 24 - 48 hours." I guess
time will tell whether that's the truth or not.

As I think of this order (and the long-delayed delivery of same), I recall a
time when Ross Perot (while stumping for President) stated that it was time
to sweep the manure out of the White House. Maybe the same statement should
be applied to the operations of the U.S. Mint. FWIW, the service that I've
gotten from them on the few orders that I've made in the past two years has
been nothing less than appalling.

Larry
'*ˇyo busco mi escoba!'

Old December 19th 05, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
[...]

Standard lie #1: "Hello, I'm with the government and I'm here to help you."

James

Old December 19th 05, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Larry: Don't get upset you'll get a heart attack after all the U.S.Mint
is like the Army hurry up & wait. Hurry, send your money & wait.

Old December 19th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Just buy one from me for $79.99999999. LOL!
I thought I'd make money on these and I did on the first two I sold
Now they are so cheap on eBay that if you want one, just go ahead and buy
one.
You're not going to get the ones from the Mint, I am pretty sure. But they
are so cheap on eBay now that I lost money.

--
Jonathan

Old December 20th 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Larry -

Do NOT lose hope! I placed my order on Sept 2nd. The term "in stock and
reserved" had been on my account for about 5 weeks and now we checked today
and they have been SHIPPED on Dec 17th!!! Hooray! One last hurdle to
jump - they have to arrive, which will probably be about 2 weeks from now!

Your friend,
Pete

Old December 20th 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
I guess time will tell whether that's the truth or not.

I smell run-around, Larry.

FWIW, the service that I've gotten from them on the few orders that I've
made in the past two years has been nothing less than appalling.

Their handling of the Uncirculated Sets and the Marine Corps dollars has
been stunningly inept this year.

Old December 21st 05, 09:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jonathan_ATC" surmised:
You're not going to get the ones from the Mint, I am pretty sure.

Well, they still have to arrive here, but I did get an e-mail from the Mint
yesterday stating that my order had been shipped.

Larry
'playing the "waiting game"'

Old December 21st 05, 09:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"PC" made an astute observation with:
Their handling of the Uncirculated Sets and the Marine Corps dollars has
been stunningly inept this year.

I couldn't have said it better meself, ol' chap!

Larry

Old December 21st 05, 02:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
"Jonathan_ATC" surmised:
You're not going to get the ones from the Mint, I am pretty sure.

Well, they still have to arrive here, but I did get an e-mail from the
Mint yesterday stating that my order had been shipped.

Larry, I received five proofs yesterday, so the mint must be filling the
backorders.

Anita