support for piggy bank theory

Old June 2nd 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default support for piggy bank theory

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:03:09 GMT, in (e) wrote:

tweakers and hippys can go hang.

I have no idea what a 'tweaker' is ... but what have you got against
hippies? OK, perhaps you and I have different definitions of the
word ... so perhaps, it is 30 years beyond being a worn out title
(worn proudly by myself to this day even though I probably wouldn't
meet your criteria and would never pour money into a CoinStar
machine).
Old June 2nd 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:36:09 GMT, in (e) wrote:

In article , Vector wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:03:09 GMT,
in (e) wrote:

tweakers and hippys can go hang.

I have no idea what a 'tweaker' is ... but what have you got against
hippies? OK, perhaps you and I have different definitions of the
word ... so perhaps, it is 30 years beyond being a worn out title
(worn proudly by myself to this day even though I probably wouldn't
meet your criteria and would never pour money into a CoinStar
machine).

if you work, bathe and raise a family, but still have hair,
get high and listen to that gadawful 60's music, you're a
freak. otherwise, you're a hippy.
tweakers are speed freaks. you knew them as meth monsters.
you are way too coherent for a 30 year term hippy.
if you're ever near death valley, stop by and i'll show you
classic examples. we can talk coins, too. and if you like,
i'll show you the most beautiful place on the planet.
i was a freak, sort of. hated the music and dope, but liked
banging haippy chics.
i'm basically a punker, strait edge since 91 and i listen to
a lot of old school ounk, fu and hc. still like banging
hippy chics.

I'm a square peg that doesn't fit your round hole, I suppose.
I work 50-60 hours a week, same job since 1989. Born 52 years ago, no
family, rarely smoke dope and haven't actually purchased it for more
than 15 years. I'm a computer addict now, and sell nature sounds CDs
online for a little extra income. As any sane person would, I view
war as a last resort means, and view George Bush as the worst
President of my lifetime, and probably the worst in the history of the
USA. I bathe regularly. Sometimes I have long hair -- sometimes not.
Same with facial hair. Those things were a symbol 'back in the day'
.... although many people never really understood that. 30+ years ago
it was an identity thing ... when you spotted a guy who had long hair
you figured the chances were pretty good his views were similar you
your own. In my view the hippie thing was much more about politics
and being opposed to an unjust and unjustifiable war then it was about
having long hair ... but that was the uniform. It identified you
THEN. Of course, having long hair now more likely means you are a
redneck sigh. And, your comment about bathing reminds me of the
ignorant comments you'd hear 'back then' when *******s would audibly
'whisper' behind your back "is that a boy or a girl".

I still like hippie chicks too. Not too keen on earth mammas with the
tattoos and piercings though.

www.peacepond.com High quality digitally mastered Soundscapes
Old June 2nd 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:23:26 -0500, Vector wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:36:09 GMT, in (e) wrote:

if you work, bathe and raise a family, but still have hair,
get high and listen to that gadawful 60's music, you're a
freak. otherwise, you're a hippy.

Gee, I neglected to respond to the gawdaful music. I simply must!
My musical taste runs from the McGuire & the Fontane Sisters, to
Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, Tommy James, Marvin Gaye, Conway Twitty, Vern
Gosdin & Crystal Gayle, Natalie Merchant and Macy Gray. Classic rock
of the 1960 and 1970 is my sweet spot but I like a range. One narrow
minded person once asked me who my favorite musician was and I
answered that I couldn't name a favorite because I had hundreds of
favorites. His loud conclusion was that I was ignorant on the subject
if I didn't have a favorite.
I was a radio announcer for 17 years, about as long as I've held my
current job. In those years I worked in just about every format that
existed up until my departure from the buisness. And, except for RAP
I found some good in all of it.
Classic Rock is still the best though.

I never worked at a classic rock station, but I spent a decade doing
radio, mostly Top 40 and C&W.

The classic rock station in Fresno had what may have been the best
top of the hour ID I ever heard. It's a little hard to describe, but
it went something like this...

(over the tail-end of the orchestral build-up at the end of "A Day in
the Life"): "KJFX-FM 95.7--Fresno"

(piano chord): "Where all the _good_ songs have gone"

And then into an up-tempo song to start the next hour.

take care,
Scott

Old June 2nd 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Scott Stevenson wrote:
I never worked at a classic rock station, but I spent a decade doing
radio, mostly Top 40 and C&W.

The classic rock station in Fresno had what may have been the best
top of the hour ID I ever heard. It's a little hard to describe, but
it went something like this...

(over the tail-end of the orchestral build-up at the end of "A Day in
the Life"): "KJFX-FM 95.7--Fresno"

(piano chord): "Where all the _good_ songs have gone"

And then into an up-tempo song to start the next hour.

Gee, we're getting a little OT here. Just the same, at 54 I work and
raise a family. My hair isn't near as long as it used to be, and it's
starting to go gray. I gave up getting high (pot) many, many years ago
(I prefer a clear head), and I still love that "gadawful" 60s music
that my father used to yell at me, "TURN THAT $#!+ DOWN!"

Musically, I still like the Beatles, the Stones before Brian Jones
died, most of the British Invasion bands (e.g., DC5, Kinks), the acid
rock bands (e.g., Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer), and the more obscure
garage bands (e.g., Music Machine). Rock was great until (shudder)
disco. I was never an on-air personality, but worked in an automated
radio station (KGAB-FM, aka B-96FM in Camarillo, CA) in 1977. We never
played disco there.

Numismatic tie-in: During my radio year, bicentennial quarters were
everywhere, and a lot of folks (including me) were hoarding as many as
they could get their hands on. Just like today, halves and dollar
coins were available at banks, but no one bothered with them. After
saving about $200 worth or quarters, I finally said the heck with it,
wrapped them all and spent them.

Jerry

Old June 4th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
ps.com...
Rock was great until (shudder)
disco.

Except for Grace Jones ..

Harv

Old June 5th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Harv"

wrote:

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rock was great until (shudder)
disco.

Except for Grace Jones ..

Harv

grace jones? she wasn't disco. she covered the normal, bryan
ferry and others. but not disco.

Shirley you have seen Roman Polanski's most excellent film "Frantic." Watch
that and then tell me Grace Jones didn't do disco.

Harv
"I see you're into disco now." "Well after seeing Grace Jones, who wouldn't
be into disco?" - Steve "Captain Midnight" Tyler's question and Richard "El
Lay Times Pop Music Critic"s Cromelin's reply, on KPFK-FM, 90.7, in 1978.
Cromelin still writes for the Times. Ask him.