If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

Old February 12th 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
george pearl

Default If THIS is true about coin dealers, what else is there?

Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good price. When I asked why they sold
it for so low, they muttered some uninteligible
answer. Much later I discovered the coin was
sofly-struck and had poor metal flow. I'm much
smarter now.

Coinage magazine *once* made the mistake of
publishing an article that included the sentence:
"Dealers will say very little when trying to sell
a problem coin. Just enough info get rid of it."
Yeah, I was a little surprised too. Can't write
anything that upsets the advertisers.

I don't have any friends in the coin biz. If you
have any pearls of wisdom, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
Old February 12th 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 11, 6:14*pm, george pearl wrote:
Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good price. *When I asked why they sold
it for so low, they muttered some uninteligible
answer. Much later I discovered the coin was
sofly-struck and had poor metal flow. I'm much
smarter now.

Coinage magazine *once* made the mistake of
publishing an article that included the sentence:
"Dealers will say very little when trying to sell
a problem coin. Just enough info get rid of it."
Yeah, I was a little surprised too. Can't write
anything that upsets the advertisers.

I don't have any friends in the coin biz. If you
have any pearls of wisdom, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

Kill yourself NOW, el retard.

My great-uncle, thrice removed, had four bags of 1950-D five cent
coins which he used to prop open the door in his paint store in
beautiful downtown Lincoln, Illinois.

He got them for face value at the time of issue.

I was always told that he would use a roll of 1950-D nickels as a
suppository to beat down the inflamation when he couldn't otherwise
sit down.

You no doubt got one of those coins.

All of the above is absolutely true, and my great-uncle thrice removed
used to run free ads in Numismatic News right up until a few weeks
before his death at age 99 years, 363.98 days back in 2008.

BTW, you are no "PEARL" of wisdom. Butt you might be my old friend
RF.

oly

Old February 12th 12, 03:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke[_2_]

On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:
much
smarter now.

Crack. No longer for breakfast anymore, eh, Oly?
Old February 12th 12, 04:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 11, 9:01*pm, Jason Burke wrote:
On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:

* much
*smarter now.

Crack. No longer for breakfast anymore, eh, Oly?

Butt crack, male. Where your face is, "Jason", you sister boy, you
Nancy boy.

oly
Old February 12th 12, 07:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
george pearl

On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:

* much
*smarter now.

Crack. No longer for breakfast anymore, eh, Oly?

Butt crack, male. *Where your face is, "Jason", you sister boy, you
Nancy boy.

oly

Boo-Hoo...I'm telling on you!
Old February 12th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:

* much
*smarter now.

Crack. No longer for breakfast anymore, eh, Oly?

Butt crack, male. *Where your face is, "Jason", you sister boy, you
Nancy boy.

oly

Boo-Hoo...I'm telling on you!

FIGHT! FIGHT!

Jerry
(Whre's Larry when you need him?)
Old February 12th 12, 06:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
george pearl

On 2/11/2012 5:07 PM, oly wrote:

* much
*smarter now.

Crack. No longer for breakfast anymore, eh, Oly?

Butt crack, male. *Where your face is, "Jason", you sister boy, you
Nancy boy.

oly

Boo-Hoo...I'm telling on you!

FIGHT! * FIGHT!

Jerry
(Whre's Larry when you need him?)- Hide quoted text -

Jerry ? If your momma was over here, I'd boot her in the ass.
Old February 12th 12, 08:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

george pearl wrote:

Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good price. When I asked why they sold
it for so low, they muttered some uninteligible
answer. Much later I discovered the coin was
sofly-struck and had poor metal flow. I'm much
smarter now.

Coinage magazine *once* made the mistake of
publishing an article that included the sentence:
"Dealers will say very little when trying to sell
a problem coin. Just enough info get rid of it."
Yeah, I was a little surprised too. Can't write
anything that upsets the advertisers.

I don't have any friends in the coin biz. If you
have any pearls of wisdom, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

car salesman = coin salesman = investment salesman = real estate broker
= usenet poster

Your only defense is to educate yourself.

JAM
Old February 12th 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 12, 2:06*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:
george pearl wrote:

Couple of short stories.

When I was young I bought a BU 1950-d Nickle
for a good price. *When I asked why they sold
it for so low, they muttered some uninteligible
answer. Much later I discovered the coin was
sofly-struck and had poor metal flow. I'm much
smarter now.

Coinage magazine *once* made the mistake of
publishing an article that included the sentence:
"Dealers will say very little when trying to sell
a problem coin. Just enough info get rid of it."
Yeah, I was a little surprised too. Can't write
anything that upsets the advertisers.

I don't have any friends in the coin biz. If you
have any pearls of wisdom, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

car salesman = coin salesman = investment salesman = real estate broker
= usenet poster

Your only defense is to educate yourself.

JAM- Hide quoted text -

The coin dealer does the best of your examples, and does it on the
smallest capital. For practical purposes, you almost can't sell
investments or real estate on your own nowadays.

Usenet poster - not a lot of money in that, unless you're A. H.

oly
Old February 13th 12, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
george pearl

On Feb 12, 12:06*pm, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:
george pearl wrote:

[...]

Gee, Frank-- I've been collecting coins for *years*. There's got to
be a FEW secrets out there! Where's Tom Delorey?