Czechoslovakia ID's please.

Old June 28th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Czechoslovakia ID's please.

Possibly revenues.
IIRC I have requested ID on these before,
but I cannot source the reply, I apologise for this in advance.
http://cjoint.com/data/gCebsgcmMZ.htm

2 minisheets
the LHS I cannot locate,
the RHS is not allocated a number in the SG simplified SOTW (stamps of the
world)
http://cjoint.com/data/gCeeNftfY2.htm

Old June 28th 09, 07:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message
2 minisheets
the LHS I cannot locate,
the RHS is not allocated a number in the SG simplified SOTW (stamps of the
world)
http://cjoint.com/data/gCeeNftfY2.htm

- May 14, 1976. 55 Years Communist Party, 2 stamps and 1 minisheet (Zumstein
2206 - 2208)
- Sept. 8, 1978, Intl. Stamps Exhibition Praha 1978, 4 stamps and 1
minisheet (Z. 2341 - 2345)

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 28th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
Possibly revenues.
IIRC I have requested ID on these before,
but I cannot source the reply, I apologise for this in advance.
http://cjoint.com/data/gCebsgcmMZ.htm

2 minisheets
the LHS I cannot locate,
the RHS is not allocated a number in the SG simplified SOTW (stamps of the
world)
http://cjoint.com/data/gCeeNftfY2.htm

Hello Rodney!

The word "Kolek" means "Stamp" - so these one's should be Stamp-Duties.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old June 28th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 28 June, 08:21, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"rodney" wrote in message

2 minisheets
the LHS I cannot locate,
the RHS is not allocated a number in the SG simplified SOTW (stamps of the
world)
http://cjoint.com/data/gCeeNftfY2.htm

- May 14, 1976. 55 Years Communist Party, 2 stamps and 1 minisheet (Zumstein
2206 - 2208)

SG MS2285 CV £2.75/£3 M/U in 2002 Part 5. The 6k stamp was only issued
as a MS.

- Sept. 8, 1978, Intl. Stamps Exhibition Praha 1978, 4 stamps and 1
minisheet (Z. 2341 - 2345)

SG dates the "raw" stamp (SG 2386) as 25th Feb, "20th Anniv of
'Victorious February' and National Front", but adds: "Imperf miniature
sheets containing four copies of No 2385 were sold only at the 'PRAGA
1978' stamp exhibition or by subscription". AFAICS they do not give it
an MS number or quote prices.

Chris
Old June 28th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Peter,
into the "revenues"" folder then.
The two gummed issues have interesting red "moire" anti forgery patterns.

"Peter Baumann"

Old June 28th 09, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Victor, thank you Chris.
I can now put the Czech folder to bed, all sorted.

I wonder what SG mean by "or by subscription"

Old June 29th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message

- May 14, 1976. 55 Years Communist Party, 2 stamps and 1 minisheet
(Zumstein
2206 - 2208)

SG MS2285 CV £2.75/£3 M/U in 2002 Part 5. The 6k stamp was only issued
as a MS.

- Sept. 8, 1978, Intl. Stamps Exhibition Praha 1978, 4 stamps and 1
minisheet (Z. 2341 - 2345)

SG dates the "raw" stamp (SG 2386) as 25th Feb, "20th Anniv of
'Victorious February' and National Front", but adds: "Imperf miniature
sheets containing four copies of No 2385 were sold only at the 'PRAGA
1978' stamp exhibition or by subscription". AFAICS they do not give it
an MS number or quote prices.

I wonder what SG mean by "or by subscription"

This means that those who had standing orders eventually received those
sheets.

I used "Eventually" because in some countries, like in Romania under
Ceausescu, even when having a standing order, many imperforated sheets
weren't delivered at all, they being sold only abroad, in exchange of hard
currency. Being in high demand, this determined thefts directly from the
printing office, trials for resell and illegal possession, convictions,
imprisonments, confiscations of entire collections, and so on.

--
Victor Manta

Sundry ID's Rod General Discussion 5 August 21st 07 12:56 AM
ID's Robert or Colin Autographs 2 June 3rd 07 09:26 PM
ID's? Robert or Colin Autographs 5 June 2nd 07 01:50 AM
Help w/ 2 stamp ID's Grandpa General Discussion 9 August 23rd 04 10:58 AM
Is there a list of our friend Flatsigned's other ID's? William M. Klimon Books 3 August 2nd 03 09:43 PM