Repainting wood question

Old November 23rd 04, 05:21 AM

Default Repainting wood question

Ive got 5 decades and 4 different colors of paint off the wood on my
Seeburg. Im going to veneer the sides, but the rest of the wood that is too
get painted......can I use a spray can of Zinsser stain blocker/sealer. It
says its great on bare wood. Then I was going to spray it the color of
choice using spray cans again. I dont want to use a roller because some of
the small trim between the upper and lower side wood is too small for a
roller, and a brush, even on the bigger sections like along the front and
bottom and even the back of the unit, I would thing would come out streaky
with a brush. What have you guys done when having to repaint the wood once
youve gotten all the old paint off and are down to the bare wood? Am I going
about this right? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Old November 23rd 04, 05:36 AM
Ken G.

Stain blocker would not hurt .. I would sand it smooth good as you can
then give it a coat of gray primer to see how it acts and show any more
defects so you can fill & sand those .

Why dont you veneer those parts ? I used formica on a couple cabinets