my experience with NCS

Old October 3rd 03, 02:22 AM
Nooker

Default my experience with NCS

Ok, so here's another data point for an NCS submission:

overall : positive

I wanted to submit only 1 coin to be conserved (didn't want to overdo it the
first time round), and I had another 9 that I wanted graded by NGC (along
with the coin to be cleaned).

The first thing I would say is that although NGC and NCS are "separate"
companies, they do have a close relationship enough that the NGC lady told
me to submit all 10 coins to NCS with instructions to only clean the one.
Then NCS would walk them across the hall to NGC.

Although those directions were well intended, it's not quite that simple.
Once received by NCS, they didn't have an NCS invoice, nor did they have my
credit card info in order to bill me. Even being a "Collectors Society"
member, and having my credit card info on the NGC submission form, NCS
needed a separate letter of authorization to charge my card. NCS e-mailed
me and said the form was on its way in the snail mail, but in the mean time,
they would continue to process my coin. Got the form, sent it back, and
then Chris from NCS (great helper - two thumbs up to him) e-mailed me to
discuss the coins I sent in for grading. Some would not pass muster due to
improper cleaning. So he only sent the coins that would grade over to NGC
(including the cleaned coin) and they sent me back the coins in the body
bag.

all in all a pretty good experience, and I would use their service again.

By the way, the coin I sent in for conserving was a 1926 Oregon Trail 50
cent. I'll post the before & after on alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic

Mark

Old October 4th 03, 04:17 PM
Nooker

pics have been posted on a.b.p.n

a very nice improvement if you ask me

mark

Old October 4th 03, 05:23 PM
Bill Krummel

"Nooker" wrote in message
pics have been posted on a.b.p.n

a very nice improvement if you ask me

mark

Mark, I want to see. I can't get a.b.p.n. on my newsreader. Bill