Check Out This Clown

Old August 25th 03, 06:15 PM

Default Check Out This Clown

He's got some great deals going on boxes - don't miss out!

Old August 25th 03, 06:40 PM
HOCKEYRON

He's got some great deals going on boxes - don't miss out!

-----

well it's not the greatest auction going but he is honest in what the
contents are ---

Old August 29th 03, 02:29 AM
LARGE EYES

In article ,
(MikeCouil) writes:

I dont see a problem here. In fact I'm thinking of maybe bidding on
it....seriously.

Mike

He's got some great deals going on boxes - don't miss out!

On common 1998 BOwman's Best cards? What a weird auction
Old August 30th 03, 03:29 PM
MikeCouil

For quite a while I was buying collections locally and selling them at shows
and online. One of the things I found were that more often than not when
casual collectors break wax they tend to just put them back in the open packs
and stick them back in the box, keeping only HIGH dollar inserts and whatever
their collection is focused on. For instance, there is a guy locally that
collects Griffey. He's a very cool guy (known him since he was 16) who still
calls me up occassionally to come get all of his "junk". He'll buy a box of
upper deck, pull the autos and game used and any griffey cards, and then sell
the rest to me for next to nothing. While I'm there I'll show him the
Griffey's I've brought for him this month and he'll go crazy. When Griffey's
stock dropped BADLY these past couple years this guy was grinning because now
he can afford all of the cards he couldn't get before.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm amazed at what I find in most of these boxes.
Usually they are still loaded with rookies and inserts.

On a side note, one time I bought a box of common sports cards mixed with comic
cards and other junk at a show. I paid the guy 7.00 for about 2000 cards just
to give me 5 year old something to play with. When I got home I found a Nammath
2nd year in Near Mint condition. I went back to the show the next day to give
it back to the guy but he wasn't there.

"Check 21" Scaupaug1 Pens & Pencils 1 December 4th 04 05:08 AM
FA: J PAUL GETTY SIGNED CHASE MANHATTAN CHECK '67 ENDS TODAY 9/03 tmantrask Autographs 0 September 3rd 03 07:47 PM
FA: J PAUL GETTY SIGNED CHASE MANHATTAN CHECK '67 Updated 9/01 tmantrask Autographs 0 September 1st 03 07:17 PM
FA: J PAUL GETTY SIGNED CHASE MANHATTAN CHECK '67 Updated 8/28 tmantrask Autographs 0 August 28th 03 09:51 PM