difference between the two parker converters

Old March 11th 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Stephen Hust

Default difference between the two parker converters

"yland45" wrote:

i have a parker 45 that my grandmother gave me, with the "bare"
sac that you mentioned. it is still surrounded by a metal 'cage'
of sorts, just one bit of the metal depresses into the sac and
sucks up the ink. I think that the sac used to be transparent,
but it definitely isnt now. looks pure black. but it doesnt to
hold much ink, so i am looking for something with a higher
capacity. do you know of any cheap piston fillers?

"Cheap" is not the right word, but a pen from the Pelikan 200
series won't cost you an arm and a leg: about $64 from Swisher
Pens, for example.

http://www.hochwertige-schreibgeraete.de/en/product.php?catid=449&proid=160&catprodid=160&nav= 5

http://www.swisherpens.com/

Greater ink capacity doesn't necessarily mean more written words
per filling. Your Parker 45 might out-write some pens that hold
more ink.

Here's a list of some pens and their ink capacity:

http://www.nibs.com/pen_measures/

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
Old March 12th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

"yland45" wrote in message
ups.com
i have a parker 45 that my grandmother gave me...
...do you know of any cheap piston fillers?

I have my own twist(piston)-filler in a 45, so at least I can verify that it
fits that pen. I got it from either Pendemonium or Swisher, for around
$4-$5. Are you in the UK? If so, The Writing Desk sells it for £3.50.

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/spares.php

Brian

Old March 12th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

wrote in message
. uk
The one on the left is the pull up. The one on the right is the screw -
much better.

Hey, you're right. I interpreted "pump" converter as an aerometric one, but
the one pictured on the website is a pull-piston.

I don't know if you can get the spring-bar aerometric type
converters any more.

I was pulling them up with Google Images earlier, so I guess they're still
around.

Brian

Old March 12th 07, 09:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
yland45[_2_]

On Mar 12, 1:17 pm, "Brian Ketterling" tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com wrote:
Hey, you're right. I interpreted "pump" converter as an aerometric one, but
the one pictured on the website is a pull-piston.
I was pulling them up with Google Images earlier, so I guess they're still
around.

Brian
--

sorry bout the whole pump/aerometric thing. if you are planning on
buying one of those aero ones DONT they dont hold much (but theyre

Old March 14th 07, 01:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

"Brian Ketterling"
writes:

"The de-luxe piston converter (right) fits most Parker pens that take
cartridges (for example: Parker 45, 61 c/c, 65, 75, Sonnett, modern
Duofold). Please note that it does not fit the Vector, Reflex or
Jotter due to barrel width restrictions - for these pens use the
Parker pump converter (left)."

I have installed de-luxe converter to Parker Reflex and there is no
problem. IIRC I tested it also with Vector and Jotter and there was no
problem.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt. Willst du bis der Tod euch