FA: 1904-O MS-63+ Vam 33. Clashed IN, DDO & DDR

Old August 22nd 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Cliff Lawless

Default FA: 1904-O MS-63+ Vam 33. Clashed IN, DDO & DDR

Wow, I just got back from my favorite cherrypickin' spot with this beauty.
Almost missed it but I got the light just right and there it was. Major
clashed die variety.

The pics are large, so please be patient. Check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1904-O-MS-63-Vam...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Cliff Lawless

See what I'm into!
http://www.MyCoinCabinet.com
Old August 22nd 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:14:11 GMT, Cliff Lawless wrote:
Wow, I just got back from my favorite cherrypickin' spot with this beauty.
Almost missed it but I got the light just right and there it was. Major
clashed die variety.

The pics are large, so please be patient. Check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1904-O-MS-63-Vam...QQcmdZViewItem

OK, nice coin but that brings up an annoyance. Does anyone know how to
get a decent URL out of eBay for an auction? Everything beyond the
....88307 above is needless to see it, but I don't see an easy way to get
ebay to give me a clean item number URL.
Old August 22nd 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob Hairgrove

On 22 Aug 2006 14:46:39 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:14:11 GMT, Cliff Lawless wrote:
Wow, I just got back from my favorite cherrypickin' spot with this beauty.
Almost missed it but I got the light just right and there it was. Major
clashed die variety.

The pics are large, so please be patient. Check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1904-O-MS-63-Vam...QQcmdZViewItem

OK, nice coin but that brings up an annoyance. Does anyone know how to
get a decent URL out of eBay for an auction? Everything beyond the
...88307 above is needless to see it, but I don't see an easy way to get
ebay to give me a clean item number URL.

Yes. Put it in your "watch list", then open the auction page from
there. Gives you a more manageable URL. You can delete the item from
the watch list afterwards if you want.

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old August 22nd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Cliff Lawless

On 22-Aug-2006, Bob Hairgrove wrote:

Yes. Put it in your "watch list", then open the auction page from
there. Gives you a more manageable URL. You can delete the item from
the watch list afterwards if you want.

I put it in my Watch List and got this URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Then I took the Item # and went to Advanced Search, Search By Item Number,
and input the number. I got this URL:

That's not bad. I'll start doing that, unless someone finds a way to shorten
it even more. Probably can't get it any shorter than that though.

Cliff Lawless

See what I'm into!
http://www.MyCoinCabinet.com
Old August 23rd 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob Hairgrove

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:36:32 GMT, "Cliff Lawless"
wrote:

On 22-Aug-2006, Bob Hairgrove wrote:

Yes. Put it in your "watch list", then open the auction page from
there. Gives you a more manageable URL. You can delete the item from
the watch list afterwards if you want.

I put it in my Watch List and got this URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Then I took the Item # and went to Advanced Search, Search By Item Number,
and input the number. I got this URL:

You can always edit the URL manually by changing it to
"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&" and appending the
item number at the end, if that is what you need. I think that is
pretty much the "minimal URL" you can get.

--
Bob Hairgrove