dave chappelle in person today...411

Old June 10th 04, 11:14 PM
Barefootmk

Default dave chappelle in person today...411

i was at his hotel today waiting for james earl jones again (he's just been
blowing me off for the last few days- outright saying NO every time i've asked
him) and i have great stuff for him to sign (cast signed posters and i have 2
darth vader riddell mini helmets signed by all the people who have played
darth/annakin) and he really seems to not care...he is not nice at all and
didn't even show up at the field of dreams event he was scheduled to attend...
anyway...while waiting i saw dave chappelle walking with his kid and what i
believe is either his wife or nanny...i went to the car, got my photos and
approached him....
at first he said," i'm in a hurry and i have to go.sorry." but then some guy
appeared with him (he was waiting for him i guess) and the guy said," it's cool
dave,he's got black marker- go ahead." and dave took my small stack and signed
everything...added a peace sign to the signature- that's normally what i used
to get from him....his autograph is WAY more sloppy than it used to be...but
after the guy told him it was ok to sign...dave signed away...i didn't get a
picture with him but there were a ton of paparazzi standing outside taking
pictures of him signing for me...(they were all waiting for catherine zeta
jones who they never saw anyway).
so i guess the moral is....don't go try to get dave chappelle with blue marker
( i saw some posts reporting that he's been real jerkish lately, so i posted
this story)try black and get him during the day when he's not stoned i
imagine...
mike
p.s. i never saw james earl jones today...
Old June 11th 04, 12:03 AM
Gummby3

While I know that you're in business, business is also give and take. The
next time that you see Mr. Jones, have you considered making a donation to
his charity and actually follow through? He probably recognizes you as a
dealer. If you made the effort, you may get a 180 degree turn in his
attitude. It wouldn't hurt to lose a little income to help out someone
else. Besides, it tax deductable. This is just a suggestion. His charity:

** [James Earl Jones' charity of choice] **
Sisters of St. Mary's Noviate
St. Joseph's Novitiate
PO Box 205 Round Top
New York, NY 12473

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net

"Barefootmk" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old June 11th 04, 01:48 AM
dahoov2

Yeah, but just be aware that they never stop sending you more pleas
for donations in the mail. Nice organization but lots of mail!

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old June 11th 04, 07:48 AM
Barefootmk

uhhh,i offered to write him a check right then and there...no big deal...he'll
sign eventually.
Old June 11th 04, 05:35 PM
JGAutographsinc

I have a question. How is it possible that Dave Chappelle was in both Los
Angeles and Fresno at the same time? He performed there on the 9th and had a
show in San Francisco on the 10th. He travels by bus, so why would he drive 3
hours in the opposite direction to sign autographs for you, then drive back to
San Francisco for a show the same night? Sounds like barefoot is lying again.
Old June 12th 04, 02:37 AM
Barefootmk

again...this is why i don't post this piddly little stuff...his bus was parked
right outside the 4 seasons in los angeles..
sorry, but dave chappelle is not a big name to lie over...i don't even really
care...but i guess i have no reason for further posts...
Old June 12th 04, 02:38 AM
Robert de Ridder

We love your posts. Dont stop for one person quibling.

"Barefootmk" schreef in bericht

Old June 12th 04, 02:58 AM
Barefootmk

well, all i have to say is s.f. is less than a one hour flight....and his bus
sat in front of the hotel all night while we waited for other people as
well...but someone jsut wants to call me a liar and that...that's the end of
it...
Old June 12th 04, 03:37 AM
dahoov2

Whatever someone said concerning liar... this bugs me... just ignore
them. YOU know what you've done and you know you didn't lie so you
don't need to prove it. I judge no one. I hold your stories true
because if you ever lied, it means nothing to me unless you lie to me
about it and I am buying something from you. So those just calling
you a liar want to start something. Ignore them. Trust me, it's not
worth it and those who know you, won't listen to the crap and those
who don't know you well other than your posts here (like myself) will
take the stories for what they are; entertaining and potentially
useful if we ever meet the celeb (like you said about the blue vs
black sharpie thing). In my case, I'd not know about the truth, but
pick the sharpie you recommended just in case! So to me, your stories
can be useful and valuable. Ignore and keep posting. Don't stoop
lower than the name caller.

Old June 12th 04, 09:27 AM
Barefootmk

not really my point...it doesn't serve me to tell an inperson story...i just
kind of like doing it..but i guess i'll just stop..no worries.

Dave Chappelle Ollie T Autographs 6 May 22nd 04 08:52 AM
Hilary Duff in person today Isuamlmbf Autographs 1 January 1st 04 11:21 PM
Wrestling legends in Person today! pe2 Autographs 3 November 10th 03 09:01 AM
Great in Person today Clake13 Autographs 6 September 22nd 03 03:08 PM
IN PERSON SCOOP TODAY Barefootmk Autographs 2 June 26th 03 02:43 AM