Dave Chappelle

Old May 20th 04, 08:07 AM
Ollie T

Default Dave Chappelle

Saw Dave Chappelle live the other night. Very small venue. People working
there stated he was not signing anything. After the show he stormed out and
jumped in his bus. People outside his bus telling us to get lost. Later on
that night we happened to be at the hotel he was staying at. This was late
at night. He walked by us to the elevator with two of his "people". It was
only myself and a friend. Nobody else anywhere to be seen in the hotel. I
saw him getting in the elevator and I asked if he could sign my ticket. He
just looked me in the eye and shook his head no. Anybody have luck with
this guy? If he would not sign with just two people there I can't imagine
him doing anything else.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Old May 20th 04, 08:12 AM
Barefootmk

wow....that's a 180 degree turnaround from when he didn't have a show...i
remember going for him at the improv just 3 years ago and him THANKING us for
going to the show and sticking around...he was nice and very polite...now he
thinks he's chris rock....great...
Old May 20th 04, 02:21 PM
dahoov2

Well, word of mouth travels and thanks for spreading his jerkness.
That was not nice at all. Like two autographs would kill him.

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old May 20th 04, 06:29 PM
Barefootmk

i have to reiterate how bummed i am of this news as you just never will know
how nice this guy was to me and my friends just a few years ago...
Old May 20th 04, 09:32 PM
Ollie T

I guess now that he is much more popular, it has gotten to him. Like I
said, it was a very small venue. The smallest on his tour. It was the last
showing of the night. He was in his bus before we could make it to the side
of the building. There were maybe 10 people asking at the bus. His body
guards were telling everybody to get lost and were pretty threatening about
it. Then when we saw him in the hotel I thought for sure he would not mind
15 seconds with two people. Nobody else in the hotel, nobody mobbing him or
screaming and shouting. Did not even say anything. Just shook his head no.

Old May 22nd 04, 02:02 AM
ThreeLilMillers

He did a show not too long ago where I live and he was so high he couldn't even
perform.
Old May 22nd 04, 08:52 AM
Ollie T

"ThreeLilMillers" wrote in message
He did a show not too long ago where I live and he was so high he couldn't

even
perform.

I actually saw about 3-4 or his people in the bus smoking out pretty hard
just before the show. Could see them rolling and everything right through
the bus window. He must have been in the back.