Antiquarian Bookman auction site: Beta Test Start July 6

Old July 2nd 04, 03:03 AM
Jonathan Grobe

Default Antiquarian Bookman auction site: Beta Test Start July 6

The Beta Test of the AB Bookman/Collectors Book Market ecommerce site
is set to begin at Noon, Tuesday, July 6th.

During the upcoming Beta test, there will be no fees charged for any
reason, but ALL for sale items will be REAL listings and all
transactions and bids must be honored. There will be more details
about the Beta test rules and procedures posted on the site next
Tuesday when we launch.

Based on the feedback and suggestions we have received, there have
been some subtle but significant changes to the site since the
beginning of the Alpha Test. Some of these changes required rewriting
significant parts of the code, which in turn required a whole new
round of testing and retesting and this has taken longer than we
anticipated. I think it will be worth the wait. Most of these changes
are designed to enhance and/or simplify the functionality of the site
as you requested. The Search, Browse, and My Auctions pages have been
totally updated, the Categories are new, and the layout and design of
many of the other pages have been improved among other changes.

Final editing of the content on the ecommerce site is in progress and
although there are still a few new features that are not fully
functional at this time, we should have the site ready by Tuesday. The
site will still be a work in progress, however, and the Beta testers
will find more bugs and offer more suggestions, so please be patient
as we put the site through the grinder and find where any problems are
hiding.

Feel free to visit the current Alpha test site and try it out as we
finish our work this weekend, but remember that any membership
information, Auctions, Mart listings, or other posts to the site will
be removed prior to the launch of the Beta. If you have any questions
or problems, we will be here to help.

We want you to feel you have a voice in how the site develops, so we
are always interested in your comments and suggestions. Not every
request can be immediately honored, but every one will be noted. As
the site evolves, some future changes may result from the smallest
suggestions that provide the key to integrating the larger feature
modifications, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think about
anything on the site. If you know other book sellers or book buyers
who might be interested in our site, send them a note and let them
know we are ready to start the Beta.

Have a fun Fourth,
Pete

Enter the site hehttp://www.collectorsbookmarket.com.

Old July 6th 04, 09:37 PM
Jonathan Grobe

The beta test has started. During the beta test they are trying to
check out their systems and fix the bugs.

Note there are few auctions so far as sellers have just started
listing auctions, but all auctions are for items for sale and can be
be bid upon (some of the items look quite interesting).

After the beta test is finished they will start promotion. The beta
site looks nice. Considering the substantial
dis-satisfaction that eBay sellers have I expect they will get a
reasonable number of sellers. The question is if they have enough
money to get an adequate number of buyers--or if the site will just
fade away like most other eBay competitors.

This URL includes introductory info:
http://www.collectorsbookmarket.com/

Enter the actual auction site at
http://www.collectorsbookmarket.com/Auction/Auction.asp

PS Don't email me with questions as I have no connection with this
site.
--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

Old July 7th 04, 02:36 AM
RWF

1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page

Old July 7th 04, 04:41 AM
Jon Meyers

"RWF" wrote...
1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

1.4 What Kind of Posts are appropriate?

*Event announcements: Fairs, shows, auctions, etc.

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose

Old July 7th 04, 03:12 PM
RWF

"Jon Meyers" wrote in message
"RWF" wrote...
1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

1.4 What Kind of Posts are appropriate?

*Event announcements: Fairs, shows, auctions, etc.

An ongoing commercial enterprise can hardly be considered to be an "event".
If that were to be the standard used, any commercial site could advertise
here claiming their "sale" to be an "event".

Old July 7th 04, 04:32 PM
Jon Meyers

"RWF" wrote...
"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"RWF" wrote...

1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

1.4 What Kind of Posts are appropriate?

*Event announcements: Fairs, shows, auctions, etc.

An ongoing commercial enterprise can hardly be considered to be an

"event".

So you admit, then, that your earlier equation of B&N and Amazon.com with a
one-time university booksale was faulty and disingenuous?

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose

Old July 7th 04, 08:39 PM
RWF

Having trouble grasping the concept of sarcasm today Jon?

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page
http://users.arczip.com/fwdixon
New & Out Of Print Books, Books-On-Tape, Videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs For Sale
http://users.arczip.com/fwdixon/hbsale.htm
.................................................. ....................
"Jon Meyers" wrote in message
"RWF" wrote...
"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"RWF" wrote...

Old July 7th 04, 09:08 PM
R. Totale

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:39:28 -0400, "RWF"
wrote:

Having trouble grasping the concept of sarcasm today Jon?

Having trouble not resetting followups, so your ****ing contest
applicable only to this NG doesn't spill over into the others you're
speaking to, guys?

Old July 7th 04, 09:42 PM
Art Layton

"RWF" wrote in message ...
"Jon Meyers" wrote in message
"RWF" wrote...
1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

1.4 What Kind of Posts are appropriate?

*Event announcements: Fairs, shows, auctions, etc.

An ongoing commercial enterprise can hardly be considered to be an "event".
If that were to be the standard used, any commercial site could advertise
here claiming their "sale" to be an "event".

Speaking only for myself, and a frequent reader and poster to this
site, thanks for letting me know about this.

Art Layton
Stamford CT USA
Old July 8th 04, 04:59 AM
Jon Meyers

"RWF" wrote...
"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"RWF" wrote...
"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"RWF" wrote...

1.2 What Kind of Posts are Inappropriate?
* Want to buy ...
* For sale ...
* For auction ...
* Visit my commercial website.
* A list of books for sale is available from ...

1.4 What Kind of Posts are appropriate?
*Event announcements: Fairs, shows, auctions, etc.

An ongoing commercial enterprise can hardly be considered to be an

"event".

So you admit, then, that your earlier equation of B&N and Amazon.com

with
a one-time university booksale was faulty and disingenuous?

Having trouble grasping the concept of sarcasm today Jon?

Yes, due to a rare glandular condition, and the resultant enzyme deficiency,
my sarcasm-perception faculties are severely impaired. Perhaps you could
help me by pointing out where you made use of sarcasm and what you intended
to convey by it.

--
Jon Meyers
(To reply, lose

New forum for AB Bookman (a new book auction site in the planning) Jonathan Grobe Books 0 April 9th 04 04:00 AM
New auction site! John W Worldwide Stamps 0 November 28th 03 05:37 PM
New auction site! John W US Stamps 0 November 28th 03 05:37 PM
New auction site! John W Pens & Pencils 0 November 28th 03 05:32 PM
AB Bookman coming back as book auction/listing site? Kris Baker Books 1 July 13th 03 02:58 AM