Cabbage Patch Doll Worth?

Old January 4th 05, 08:06 AM

Default Cabbage Patch Doll Worth?

Hello
I am new here I am cleaning out my attic and want to put a few things
for auction I am okay with most of the items but this particular
cabbage patch doll I have given a detailed description below I would
appreciate any help offered I am not even sure if he is worth anything
to even bother auctioning him
thanks

The box is brown cardboard not the traditional 1983 box
cabbage patch kids Coleco top flap of box is marked with a black
marker in the box white boy the date on the box is 1983 all of this is
in green
The birth certificate was never used and has no writning on it
attached to the birth certificate is his adoption papers which were
never used these papers are folded in thirds
The papers are in the original cabbage patch kids greenish envelope
The envelope has been opened it is yellowing from age the corners are
bent a bit. the seal on the envelope is worn as well.
This envelope was used I imagine to show people ... however it was not
abused
The babyland general hospital certification center envelope is also
included this too is yellowing however is not as used as the oter
envelope
also included is the parent association membership application
This doll is in his complete original outfit his romper is blue with
an elephant on it
He has a white tee shirt on under this oufit and the tee shirt has a
cabbage patch kids tag
he has white shoes and white socks
he has his diaper
he is caucasian
the back of his neck has a number 4
eye color is blue
his hair is loops and the color is beige/brown
he has two dimples in his cheeks and he has a pacifier which has the
original paper insert still attached
He has a black signature
on his left butt looks to me like this signature is in black marker
this signature is NOT the same kind of signature that is on my girl
doll from 1984. My 1984 doll has a stamped name. There is no date with
this signature
This doll was not played with but was displayed on a chair
his tee shirt is yellowing and has some sort of yellow spotting on it
as does his socks
There are a few yellow and brown spots on his outfit as well especially
on his back side
Some of the white such as his socks and tee are yellowing as is his
diaper. As for his diaper it has been ripped off on the right side the
left side is still intact.
I can still smell the baby powder scent of this doll
To me, the doll is in good condition this is only my personal opinion.

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM