stamp ID germany north confederation please

Old April 17th 05, 10:21 AM
SEKT

Default stamp ID germany north confederation please

I recently came across north confederation german stamp which is the
equivalent of the scott O4 (1 groschen) but is of the color of the O6 which
is black and gray. in short, I have a 1 gorschen that looks exactly like
the 1 kreuzer in terms of colors.

can someone advise if this is a forgery of some sort?

thank you for your time and expertise.

Old April 18th 05, 02:07 PM
TC Blair

"SEKT" wrote in message . ..
I recently came across north confederation german stamp which is the
equivalent of the scott O4 (1 groschen) but is of the color of the O6 which
is black and gray. in short, I have a 1 gorschen that looks exactly like
the 1 kreuzer in terms of colors.

can someone advise if this is a forgery of some sort?

thank you for your time and expertise.

In my experience, rose coloured stamps
fade easily if exposed to:
(a) certain chemicals OR
(b) direct sunlight

The result seems to be somewhere between
a dirty white and a faded bistre. (yellow-brown)

By the way, my Scott lists the 1 kreuzer
value (#07) as GREEN. Yet you say that
your stamp os grey/black. So why is it
like the colour of the 1 Kr. ?

Blair
Old April 18th 05, 05:58 PM
SEKT

hi Blair. It seems there is confusion.
I was referring to Nort germany confederation official stamp listed as O1
and #O4 vs #06. O4 is listed as 1gr black and buff, and O6 listed as 1kr
black and gray. this is from my scott 2004.

but you know what, you were right on the money!!! its a WONDERFULLY rare
illusion due to fading as you put it, but it is still fading, upon much
closer inspection. it just so happened that the color settings of the 1gr,
once faded, turn (or can turn) almost EXACTLY into a 1kr!!!

its still a phenomenon worth noticing and admiring, so I think I'll keep it
in my scott specialized german album next to the real thing and put a
"weirdo" header next to it.

thanks for your expertise and time!

"TC Blair" wrote in message
om...
. ..

Old April 19th 05, 02:23 AM
TC Blair

"SEKT" wrote in message ...
hi Blair. It seems there is confusion.
I was referring to Nort germany confederation official stamp listed as O1
and #O4 vs #06. O4 is listed as 1gr black and buff, and O6 listed as 1kr
black and gray. this is from my scott 2004.

but you know what, you were right on the money!!! its a WONDERFULLY rare
illusion due to fading as you put it, but it is still fading, upon much
closer inspection. it just so happened that the color settings of the 1gr,
once faded, turn (or can turn) almost EXACTLY into a 1kr!!!

its still a phenomenon worth noticing and admiring, so I think I'll keep it
in my scott specialized german album next to the real thing and put a
"weirdo" header next to it.

thanks for your expertise and time!

No problem. It is my pleasure to help.
Sorry about the numbering mixup. I read the
Ohs in your catalogue #s as zeros (eg zero four not oh four).

Best Regards
Blair