barefoot in person....NASCAR

Old November 3rd 03, 03:53 PM
Barefootmk

Default barefoot in person....NASCAR

hey all. had a ton of requests to tell you what the situation is with nascar
now. since a lot of people seem to know that i get them a lot...so here goes.
nascar started for me on tuesday with getting kevin harvick at the airport
(most of these guys go private, so that makes it difficult if you don't know
what you are doing) harvick was very nice but refused to sign any photos that
were not liscensed. wednesday was a wash since everyone's schedules were so out
of whack with last weeks race being on monday. all i got was bobby labonte
(hands down the nicest guy in nascar). Thursday was crazy with a flurry of
signings and airport arrivals. almost all drivers do their fan appearances on
thursdays. even dale jr did a signing at a gun store (i did not attend this
event as i got him on several items at the airport and his hotel, plus my
brother and one of his friends did get a few autographs at the event) i got
sterling marlin at a signing where he proceded to call me "ebayman" which made
casey mears and jamie mcmurray laugh (i don't mind it, i guess i do look like
ebay man when i am doing 4 group signed helmets). kurt busch was exceptionally
nice signing all my helmets and a STACK of photos for me at another signing.
have to tell you though... and this is going to sound repetitive coming from
me....but tony stewart again refused to sign for a group of about 11. at this
point tony hates my guts, and i pretty much hate him too. but i did talk him in
to signing a die cast car for a little old lady (but i suspect he did it to
spit in my face) when he signed the one car, some of the others asked him and
he just looked at them and said, " i am late for a goddammned fan picnic." of
which he did no signing at either. i did manage to get him at a corporate tent
at the track....he saw my face and wanted to refuse me but he was doing a
signing appearance and would have looked foolish. sign on the wall said please
limit to 2 per person....i am doing 4 items and he made sure i only got the 2.
glad i took my brother (he's not a little kid either- he's 28...i don't take
little kids with me to get my autographs- unlike some scummy dealers)
friday- didn't realize that the busch guys were so accessible. i wasn't
prepared but i will be tomorrow. but was able to get a ton of drivers at the
track including dale jr. ryan newman, jimmie johnson and 1 jeff gordon. matt
kenseth did a signing at which i got quite a few photos signed)
saturday- busch race. my best day. all the busch drivers sign and are really
really nice. i did 2 busch racing helmets on them. got a photo with matt
kenseth (my favorite driver as i stated here before) in his busch uniform. lots
of fun. also a ton of drivers do signings at their trailers during the day. got
rusty wallace....this was the day i got stewart as well. got kerry earnhardt
on my helmets. and when i asked him to sign my photos i handed him a stack of
12 to which his repoly was "holy caaa, that's a lot of pics" but he signed them
all. took a few photos of him and his buddies making fun of how stupid he
looks. but it was a great time.
suday- race day. a few drivers do signings at their trailers prior to the race.
it was pretty good. the race was fun...dale jr. won. matt kenseth came in sixth
(not bad since he started 37th). kenseth is about to take the points lead
(can't wait till the season's over so he can start to win races next year
again). took 3 hours to get out of the parking lot.....tony stewart again
refused a group of 7 people at the track at 9 am. he's a really nice guy.
Old November 3rd 03, 06:24 PM
Kenneth465

hey all. had a ton of requests to tell you what the situation is with nascar
now. since a lot of people seem to know that i get them a lot...so here goes.

barefootmk, That is excellent. I love the nascar graphs myself and that is
what got me started in this hobby to begin with. The in persons at the race
tracks are not as easy as they once were but we still get em and it is still
great fun.

congratulations

ken
til next time....
hope all your mailboxes are full
see ya
ken

http:\\members.aol.com\kenneth465\homepage\index.h tm
or visit Kenny Wallace at
http:\\members.aol.com\kenneth465\homepage\secondp a.htm

Autographs in Person Earl Autographs 0 September 7th 03 10:19 AM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411...7/18 FOX NETWORK PARTY GraphRackr Autographs 2 July 21st 03 01:21 PM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411 HARRISON FORD, BROOKE BURNS, BROOKE BURKE, and more GraphRackr Autographs 1 July 18th 03 05:14 PM
Why Barefoot Lies All The Time barefootliar Autographs 2 July 3rd 03 12:23 AM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411....6/29 GraphRackr Autographs 3 June 30th 03 07:13 AM