std2 seeburg, plays every record in sequence

Old June 22nd 05, 09:44 PM
allan

Default std2 seeburg, plays every record in sequence

and then hits end and stays there. Is it worth repairing, how much to
the gray and black boxes cost. The gentleman in Md wants 200 to look
plus parts. How much is it worth working?
Old June 22nd 05, 11:42 PM

Hi Allan,
I'm not really sure how to answer your question. My first thought is
it's worth what you think you are willing to put into it (dollar-wise).
I know some people who hear the estimated price of a repair, say a
$75.00 part, and their reply is "I only paid $25.00 for the whole
jukebox!" (This never did make much sense to me because if one gets
something for nothing/next to nothing, it would seem logical they could
afford to put a little bit additional into it).
Personally, $200.00 sounds like a lot of dough to want to "look" at
another's juke......I let people look at mine for nothing, just to
share the "jukebox experience" to newcomers to the hobby, and hopefully
fan the flames of interest down the road. I realize some out there
would disagree with me.
Today I fixed a person's Wurlitzer 3600 jukebox by jumping two pins in
a connector plug to make the juke function properly without the BOAC
that is missing from their juke....I charged $50.00 for that, and will
gain additional income from the needle I'm ordering, as well as the new
drive belt for the turntable. AND, they're buying scads of 70s and 80s
45s from me in addition to the repair service.
My personal feelings are, there are a LOT of jukeboxes out there. If
you feel $200.00 plus parts is too much to spend on that Seeburg to get
her going, you could always pick up a Rock-ola that's working, or a
Wurlitzer, or even an AMI or a United. It's really a judgment call only
you can make. Good luck! Rob
p.s. I don't know how much a black or gray box should cost. I've picked
them up (extras) over the years in some wallboxes, and dealers selling
parts who were getting out of the business.

Old July 6th 05, 03:07 AM

Hi Allan,
It's been almost two weeks since my reply post regarding your Seeburg
STD2 question of whether it was worth the $200.00 plus parts repair
quote you received. I was curious what has happened since then?! Let me
know if you've done anything....or even nothing. Thanks, Rob