Bank teller tells me that dollar bill WILL be replaced by Golden Dollar coin!

Old June 15th 05, 12:34 AM
PC

"Mark Rossi" wrote in message

I've been a cashier for nearly 3 years now and I do quite a good job at

it.

You, sir, are a notable exception. The day someone at a McDonald's or
wherever figures out to hand change *before* bills will be the day dogs and
cats live together in perfect harmony. Bills first potentially results in
coins falling to the ground. Surely I am not the only person to have
figured this out - and I am not even a cashier.

Old August 7th 05, 10:21 PM
Barney

"Fred Shecter" wrote in
ink.net:

(I imagine that if people started using tons of Twos
they might keep printing them, BUT if the intent is to transition
folks over to dollar coins, then using more Twos would work against
that goal.).

Against them, however not totally against them. Change for 1,3,6,8,11 etc
would still need to be made. Then they could work on getting rid of the
two dollar bill like they did in Canada. Though like Canada, I think it's
best to have a one and two dollar coin.

Barney

Old August 7th 05, 10:24 PM
Barney

"Blaine" wrote in
ink.net:

It may work if there was a two dollar coin, kinda like Canada, and
perhaps a five dollar coin

Well heck, by the time 17 years rolls by, we will REALLY need the five
dollar coin by then.

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 10:29 PM
Barney

"Fred Shecter" wrote in
ink.net:

They will continue to mint Sacagaweas as well (not sure if they will
also have the Statue of Liberty on the reverse).

Do you mean AFTER the presidential series or DURING the presidential
series?

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 10:57 PM
Barney

"Bruce Remick" wrote in

All I said is that I would not want 18 dollar coins
in change from a vending machine any more than I would want that many
from a clerk at a register.

At least that's a lot better than getting 72 quarters!

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 11:27 PM
Barney

"note.boy" wrote in news:429E0F8E.B45DA936
@naespamntlworld.com:

Any government that does not consider the experiences of other countries
is likely to waste a very large amount of money.

Not to mention they did not take into consideration the feedback they
received from their own people. I remember reading somewhere that there
were concerns that the new SBA was going to be too much like a
quarter...that it was silver in color and had an edge like a quarter. They
suggested a different color and a different edge. The rest is history.

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 11:37 PM
Barney

Jon wrote in news:amNme.148$Zt.41@okepread05:

Fred Shecter wrote:

* Dollar bills will be gone by 2015.

I guess topless dancers will go broke then!

Funny, I kept asking that question on how Canadians tip dancers. Finally I
learned how cheap many Americans have been for some years as I understand
now that they use five dollar bills.

It's been rumored that Canada might switch to five dollar coins over there.
In that case, I can't see customers tipping with ten dollar bills. Maybe
the dancers will start wearing portible pockets or mabye put collection
cups along the edge of the dance floor.

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 11:47 PM
Barney

"shreadvector" wrote in
oups.com:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...9:SN01047:@@@N

Cosponsors are piling on.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:s.01047:

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...Z1QQsassZshrea
dvector

"Title: A bill to require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in
commemoration of each of the Nation's past Presidents and their spouses,
respectively to improve circulation of the $1 coin, to create a new
bullion coin, and for other purposes."

I hope the part that says "to improve circulation of the $1 coin" is the
fact that they plan to stop printing one dollar bills after the
presidential series is over. I can only keep my fingers crossed!

I also wonder what "new bullion coin" means.

Barney
Old August 7th 05, 11:49 PM
Barney

"shreadvector" wrote in