OffTopic: Christmas gift question

Old November 24th 03, 04:35 PM
dahoov2

Default OffTopic: Christmas gift question

I noticed that in the sale ads in the Sunday paper and during my
online searches, that all the PlayStation2 systems are exactly the
same price of 179.99 in all the stores. Nobody is offering anything
other than either an off road game or trial disk (of differnect games)
with it. I was hoping someone would either lower the price or offer a
free GOOD game with it or something. Has anyone seen a better deal or
know why none of the stores are offering anything better?

Also, I just bought a 17" Flat panel monitor... but I bought it online
and to get the better price, there's a mail in rebate. But I've never
done an online purchase rebate. Do they accept the printout form of
your order as the reciept? Or the packing slip? I am not sure since
there's like no hard copy of a real receipt? I would have to lose out
on the rebate at it's like 80.00............

Thanks for any help
Old November 24th 03, 06:17 PM
LJinFLA

Hey! Isn't that called price fixing?

As for online rebates - you usually have to send in a upc code with the
rebate form and a copy of the pkg. slip. Hope that helps

LJ

Old November 24th 03, 06:37 PM
dahoov2

Thanks. I wonder about the packing slip but think what I'll do to be
SURE is send them the original and scan a copy in for myself. I know
sometimes they want the originals.

Could be fixed pricing, but on goods like that I wondered...So, what's
better... Xbox or PlayStation 2?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:17:03 GMT, "LJinFLA"
wrote:

Hey! Isn't that called price fixing?

As for online rebates - you usually have to send in a upc code with the
rebate form and a copy of the pkg. slip. Hope that helps

LJ
.. .

Old November 25th 03, 05:31 AM
KellyMonro007

Playstation 2 comes with Offroad Fury 2 and internet capability right now.

Most people choose PS over X-Box because..well..there are more games! X-Box
supposidly has a more powerful system but are not releasing any games that PS
cannot match or beat.

The graphics are hard to tell which is better, so if you can't tell which looks
better, go with something that will be around for the long haul. And PS2 can
play PS1 games and play DVDs too. Or wait a few years and get PS3 which is
promising to blow everything out of the water.

Kelly
Old November 25th 03, 09:26 AM
Todd F.

There is a Progressive Scan and Non-Progessive Scan model of the
PS2. You only need the PS model if you have a HI-DEF TV. We still have the
Network PS2s in stock and the non-network PS2s as well... so take your pick
.

Or you can buy a modded PS2 with 50 copied games on ebay... and then
use Nero and copy rented games from Blockbuster... haha.. Oh.. I'm bad...
haha..

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com

Old November 25th 03, 02:10 PM
dahoov2

I was told maybe the Xbox had better graphics, but I remember the old
Nintendo games... there were others like Atari and Intellivision
(showing my age?) and they could'nt compete with the other systems
because it was the games that made people buy over one or the other.
I like what you said about PS2 playing PS1 games!!!!! I think that's
the absolute selling point then, Remember Ninento and Super Nintendo?
They weren't comparable. Are you saying that you can put a movie DVD
and play it too? That's awesome if so. When does PS3 come out?

Old November 25th 03, 02:11 PM
dahoov2

bout as bad as my hubby.... there are other newgroups for that sort of
thing and he knows them all!!!!!!!!!

Old November 26th 03, 05:07 AM
KellyMonro007

Are you saying that you can put a movie DVD
and play it too? That's awesome if so. When does PS3 come out?

Yes, PS2 is already compatible to play movie DVDs right out of the box. From
what I understand, X-Box can too, but you have to plunk down some $ for the
device since it is sold separate. PS3 will be out in a few years. I heard it
will be a DVD burner as well and other things...almost everything but a popcorn
maker it sounds like to me, I am sure Todd could probably throw out some more
rumors about that.

Kelly
Old November 26th 03, 03:45 PM
dahoov2

Thanks to you and the others that responded. I went out yesterday and
got the PS2. Funny you mention DVD Burners. My hubby wanted one of
those too and I was thinking of getting one. I got confused as the
sales clerk steered me to a 150.00 one. Another shopper came along
and told me that was a low end one. Hubby wanted an 8 speed at least
and an external one. The other store I went to it was like a 70.00
difference. I tell ya, shopping isn't easy like it used to be. You'd
go out and sign up at your phone company and that's it. Now there are
so many plans/cel phone plans and options, it's mind blowing and
there's no way to tell if you are getting a decent deal. My hubby
convinced me aobut the DVD burner when he said you could take all your
old VHS tapes and burn them to DVD! I am sure my son will like the
PS2 (got the one that connect to the net). Thanks again.