cartridge & turntable rowe r-88 question

Old February 17th 08, 05:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default cartridge & turntable rowe r-88 question

This may be a dumb questin.......On a Rowe R-88 my turntable turns
counter clockwise, so which way is the cartridge supposed to go on? My
R-93 turns clockwise and the cartridge is mounted backwards.
Scratching my head here.
Old February 17th 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukebox man

On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:
This may be a dumb questin.......On a Rowe R-88 my turntable turns
counter clockwise, so which way is the cartridge supposed to go on? My
R-93 turns clockwise and the cartridge is mounted backwards.
Scratching my head here.

the cartridge is supposed to be mounted backwards, and thats NOT a
dumb question...you have no idea how many operators machines i saw
through the years with that cartridge in the wrong way!
good luck with it!
Dan
Old February 17th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 1:00*pm, jukebox man
wrote:
On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:

This may be a dumb questin.......On a Rowe R-88 my turntable turns
counter clockwise, so which way is the cartridge supposed to go on? My
R-93 turns clockwise and the cartridge is mounted backwards.
Scratching my head here.

the cartridge is supposed to be mounted backwards, and thats NOT a
dumb question...you have no idea how many operators machines i saw
through the years with that *cartridge in the wrong way!
good luck with it!
Dan

Okay then, why is my darn turntable going counter clockwise? Thanks
for the response!
Old February 17th 08, 08:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukebox man

On Feb 17, 3:17*pm, wrote:
On Feb 17, 1:00*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:

This may be a dumb questin.......On a Rowe R-88 my turntable turns
counter clockwise, so which way is the cartridge supposed to go on? My
R-93 turns clockwise and the cartridge is mounted backwards.
Scratching my head here.

the cartridge is supposed to be mounted backwards, and thats NOT a
dumb question...you have no idea how many operators machines i saw
through the years with that *cartridge in the wrong way!
good luck with it!
Dan

Okay then, why is my darn turntable going counter clockwise? Thanks
for the response!

change the turntable drive motor...it is a synchronous type and
sometimes they decide to go whacko...never could figure out why, they
just do.
Old February 17th 08, 09:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 3:31*pm, jukebox man
wrote:
On Feb 17, 3:17*pm, wrote:

On Feb 17, 1:00*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:

This may be a dumb questin.......On a Rowe R-88 my turntable turns
counter clockwise, so which way is the cartridge supposed to go on? My
R-93 turns clockwise and the cartridge is mounted backwards.
Scratching my head here.

the cartridge is supposed to be mounted backwards, and thats NOT a
dumb question...you have no idea how many operators machines i saw
through the years with that *cartridge in the wrong way!
good luck with it!
Dan

Okay then, why is my darn turntable going counter clockwise? Thanks
for the response!

change the turntable drive motor...it is a synchronous type and
sometimes they decide to go whacko...never could figure out why, they
just do.- Hide quoted text -

I think there is supposed to be a capacitor on the wiring for the
turntable. There is one for the one on my r-93. The 88 keeps going
clockwise then the next time I it on it wll turn counter clockwise...
I think someone stole the cap?
Old February 17th 08, 10:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jukebox man

On Feb 17, 4:04*pm, wrote:
On Feb 17, 3:31*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 3:17*pm, wrote:

On Feb 17, 1:00*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:

[...]

I think someone stole the cap?- Hide quoted text -

someone stole the cap eh? that could cause your problem as well. didnt
realize it had been tinkered with.
dan
Old February 18th 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 5:45*pm, jukebox man
wrote:
On Feb 17, 4:04*pm, wrote:

On Feb 17, 3:31*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 3:17*pm, wrote:

On Feb 17, 1:00*pm, jukebox man
wrote:

On Feb 17, 12:48*pm, wrote:

[...]

dan- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Juke box man! Your advice really helped me. I replaced the
capacitor and now the turntable runs fine ...clockwise....
This forum has helped me a hundred times.