TECH - 1972 or 73 Seeburg SX-100 Marauder jukebox info needed

Old September 25th 06, 04:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

Default TECH - 1972 or 73 Seeburg SX-100 Marauder jukebox info needed

I recently aquired this neat little jukebox and have a couple of
questions:

First, is there any way to make this particular model set up for free
play or are they coin op only?

Also, there is a wire that is not attached near the solenoid that
cancels the selection buttons after you press them, but I can't tell
what the wire needs to be connected to? Is anybody willing to look at
their juke from similar production years and see if we can figure out
where this wire goes? I can e-mail you a picture if it will help.

This machine plays by manual intervention, but so far will not play by
using the keypad. If I can get the missing wire thing figured out, I
think it just needs cleaned and re-lubed. Thanks - John

Old September 25th 06, 06:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

For troubleshooting help, check out Tony Miller's Seeburg site:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/

He designed some circuitry of this machine.

As to free play here's how to do it:

Unplug jukebox power cord from wall outlet.

Locate the "Black Box" (which is the pricing unit).

With a 1/4" nutdriver, remove the small plug-in pricing board by simply
unplugging it.

Reapply power.

Machine is now on free play.

Old September 25th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller

On 24 Sep 2006 20:28:25 -0700, "paragon66x"
wrote:

If you tell me where the other end of the wire connects, I may be able
to help. And contrary to the other reply to your request, I did not
have anything to do with the design of this machine, but I did work
for Seeburg during the time they were built.

Cheers,

Tony Miller

Old September 26th 06, 03:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

Locate the "Black Box" (which is the pricing unit).

Hi Ken - I have looked for the black box, but apparently not hard
enough as I have not found it yet. Maybe it is down under the player
near the amplifiers and what not. I do see the coin mech, but nothing
that resembles a "black box." Shouldn't it have quite a few wires
going in and out of it? John

Old September 26th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

If you tell me where the other end of the wire connects, I may be able
to help. And contrary to the other reply to your request, I did not
have anything to do with the design of this machine, but I did work
for Seeburg during the time they were built.

Hi Tony - the wire in question is white with a green and brown stripe
on it. I have noticed there is another wire coded the same color that
goes to about the mid point of the song selector buttons, specifically
to a set of contacts. The wire that is off is very near the solenoid
that "resets" the song selection buttons after you press them. If I
were to bet money, I would guess it goes to that solenoid, but I
learned long ago on electronics its best to not gamble.

As far as where do they lead to, well... they are encased in grey
plastic conduit if you will, so it is diffcult to tell where they lead.
I can definitley see one goes to the lower portion of the mechansim on
the right hand side of the jukebox. This mechansim has a counter on
top of it (if that helps) and the wire goes into a 12 wire molex type
plug. I cannot see in the harness where another green and brown wire
comes out. If you don't mind, I will e-mail you a pic so you can see
what I am seeing. Thanks for your help - John

Old September 26th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

If you don't mind, I will e-mail you a pic so you can see
what I am seeing. Thanks for your help - John

E-mail I sent you bombed, so I guess that is out. John

Old September 27th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller

On 25 Sep 2006 19:26:17 -0700, "paragon66x"
wrote:

[...]

Can't help from that description. My best suggestion would be to get
the service manual for the machine and figure out where it goes.
Contrary to what another poster has stated, this machine does not use
the black box, it uses an SPU5. With credit on the SPU5, the latch
bar solenoid should energize, permitting selections to be made. If
the latch bar solenoid does not energize, and the wire you're talking
about does not connect to it, chances are your problem is in the SPU5.
If you remove the cover, you should see a circular metal piece with
six snap-action switches on it. Flip one of them to the opposite
position, and the latch bar solenoid should energize. The switches
are flipped by the solenoids at the bottom of the unit. Each is
connected to a coin switch.

Cheers,

Tony Miller
Old September 27th 06, 05:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

Can't help from that description. My best suggestion would be to get
the service manual for the machine and figure out where it goes.

Am I better off buying the actual service manual or do you sell a book
that has what I need? John

Old September 28th 06, 04:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miller

On 26 Sep 2006 21:04:17 -0700, "paragon66x"
wrote:

Can't help from that description. My best suggestion would be to get
the service manual for the machine and figure out where it goes.

Am I better off buying the actual service manual or do you sell a book
that has what I need? John

John;

I do sell a book that covers it. The operation of the seletor and
pricing unit is in it, but the selector schematic is not (although the
pricing unit is). If interested, go to:

http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/books.htm

The manual is available from:

www.alwaysjukin.com

or

www.victoryglass.com

Cheers,

Tony Miller
Old September 28th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
paragon66x

Thank you for your help. John

WTB: Seeburg V200 jukebox David Gotto Juke Boxes 1 May 6th 04 05:52 AM
-->Trading 50's-60's Mantle, Clemente, Mays, etc. Listed. SnorkinMan Baseball 0 October 16th 03 07:48 AM
NICE VINTAGE SINGLES 70s-1980 Dohh Baseball 0 September 18th 03 10:37 PM
vintage items 70-80 Dohh Baseball 0 September 15th 03 10:43 PM
VINTAGE SINGLES/ITEMS GOOD PRICES 70-80 Dohh Baseball 0 August 20th 03 12:28 AM