Help! NSM Firebird error 61 - what is that?

Old January 14th 07, 06:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
D'Archangel

Default Help! NSM Firebird error 61 - what is that?

Help please,

My trusty Firebird has stoped working.
It takes whatever CD is selected and pops it on the spindle then gives it a
little whirl and stops.
Seconds later the disc spins again then the display shows "Error 61" and the
CD is returned to it's space in the rack.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?
Could it be a laser reading error as the drives and everything else seem to
be working fine?

Many thanks to anyone that can help, or even provide a list of the error
codes and what they mean.

Cheers,
Mike.

Old January 15th 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Jan 15, 4:39 am, "D'Archangel" wrote:
Help please,

My trusty Firebird has stoped working.
It takes whatever CD is selected and pops it on the spindle then gives it a
little whirl and stops.
Seconds later the disc spins again then the display shows "Error 61" and the
CD is returned to it's space in the rack.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?
Could it be a laser reading error as the drives and everything else seem to
be working fine?

Many thanks to anyone that can help, or even provide a list of the error
codes and what they mean.

Cheers,
Mike.

I don't know specifically about NSM, but a CD player that behaves like
that is very very likely to be faulty.

You could try cleaning the lens, make sure that the CD is spinning
freely (not scraping or rubbing on anything as it turns) and also that
the centre hub is clamping the CD down firmly enough so it cant slip
when driven by the motor.

Other things, like making sure that the CD player connectors are on
properly and are clean, not burnt, and that there aren't dry joints on
the boards, corroded spade lugs on power connectors etc should also be
checked.

Old January 15th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Anders Jacobsen

Weak laser. Need a new drive

Old January 16th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
stbann

Error 61, Possible Causes

- No CD recognized by player
- No CD in CD tray, CD defective
- Player defective
- Decoder board defective
- No supply voltage present for decoder or player

Possible Corrections

- CD (clean or exchange)
- Laser player, CDM-3 (clean or exchange)
- Exchange decoder board
- Check primary fuse in CD transformer

~Ann Marie
http://www.cdadapter.com

Old January 20th 07, 08:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

stbann wrote:
Error 61, Possible Causes

- No CD recognized by player
- No CD in CD tray, CD defective
- Player defective
- Decoder board defective
- No supply voltage present for decoder or player

Possible Corrections

- CD (clean or exchange)
- Laser player, CDM-3 (clean or exchange)
- Exchange decoder board
- Check primary fuse in CD transformer

~Ann Marie
http://www.cdadapter.com

Hi,
Also in addition to the above posts, if the player is good then it
could be the lift magnet we have had a number of these come loose
causing the cd not to sit on the player properly causing error 61's.

Mark

Old January 20th 07, 02:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
D'Archangel

All,

Many many thanks for the responses.

I was hoping for an easy answer like "tickle it's chin" or something like
that but now I'll work through the various suggestions and see if we can
solve the problem.

At least with all your input, I've got something to go on.

Thanks again.
Mike.

wrote in message
oups.com...