E-Bay Coin Prices

Old May 8th 05, 10:37 PM

Default E-Bay Coin Prices

Do any of you collectors know what has happened to E-Bay coin prices.

I have purchased many coins on E-Bay.

It looks like all the sellers have got together, and are trying to robb the
private collector, and buyer.

I have started going to my local coin shop to buy, and he is more
reasonable.

Come on Sellers, get with it.

PUT OUT
gcartright

Old May 8th 05, 10:49 PM
Jim Higgins

wrote in message ...
Do any of you collectors know what has happened to E-Bay coin prices.

I have purchased many coins on E-Bay.

It looks like all the sellers have got together, and are trying to robb
the private collector, and buyer.

I have started going to my local coin shop to buy, and he is more
reasonable.

Come on Sellers, get with it.

PUT OUT
gcartright

I would think the onus would be on the buyer willing to pay too much. No
one can order a buyer to plunk down the denarii for a coin.

Old May 8th 05, 11:08 PM
Michael R

wrote in message ...
Do any of you collectors know what has happened to E-Bay coin prices.

I have purchased many coins on E-Bay.

It looks like all the sellers have got together, and are trying to robb
the private collector, and buyer.

I have started going to my local coin shop to buy, and he is more
reasonable.

Come on Sellers, get with it.

PUT OUT
gcartright

Just curious how that could be done:

"all the sellers have got together, and are trying to robb the
private collector, and buyer."

Any evidence would be helpful.

--
Michael R
AKA mrae7 on Ebay/Yahoo

Old May 8th 05, 11:08 PM

Thanks Jim for your comment.
That was my whole point to sellers.
I spent alot of money on E-Bay.
Sooner or later they will get the point.
I am not buying, and I know many collectors have quit.
I guess when they can't sell there coins they will wise up.

Old May 8th 05, 11:14 PM

Thank you for your comment Michael R
I don't need to prove it, this is the place todo it.
Also I keep a close watch on prices, and the markets don't justify most of
there prices.

gcartright

Old May 8th 05, 11:31 PM
James Higby

wrote in message ...
Do any of you collectors know what has happened to E-Bay coin prices.

I have purchased many coins on E-Bay.

It looks like all the sellers have got together, and are trying to robb
the private collector, and buyer.

I have started going to my local coin shop to buy, and he is more
reasonable.

Come on Sellers, get with it.

PUT OUT
gcartright

I don't believe a single thing has changed since coins started to be
collected. Nor do I believe in conspiracy theory of any kind. Buy your
coins on eBay, at flea markets, at Sunday club shows, at national
conventions, in coin shops, in department stores, from street vendors
(psst - wanna buy some Mexican pesos?), on TV shopping channels, from the
Mint, off pricelists sent through the mail, through mail-bid sales, at
public auction, whatever and wherever makes sense to you. That's what all
of us do and have always done, is it not?

James

Old May 8th 05, 11:50 PM
Anita

On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:14:34 -0500, wrote:

Thank you for your comment Michael R
I don't need to prove it, this is the place todo it.
Also I keep a close watch on prices, and the markets don't justify most of
there prices.

Which prices are you talking about. Some coins don't bring in any
money, while others do well. We need a little more information about
what you are looking to buy. Most prices I see are reasonable. Many
times I feel bad for the seller because I know a coin went well below
his/her cost.

Anita
Old May 9th 05, 12:36 AM
linxlvr

Thank you for your comment Michael R
I don't need to prove it, this is the place todo it.
Also I keep a close watch on prices, and the markets don't justify most of
there prices.

IMHO--
The market is decided by what consumers are willing to pay for a coin. If
no one was willing to pay more than 20.00 for an MS65 1939D Jefferson,
that is where the market would wind up at some point.

Since the people are paying the high prices for the coins, the evidence
is the market is up and consumers are willing to jack the prices to get
the pieces they desire. That is the creation of the market. If you pick an
item, do an advanced search for completed auctions, take the last twenty
and average them, I would dare say that IS the market.
--
dw
PS-A good coin dealer can often compete w/ ebay, hands down. When you

Old May 9th 05, 12:44 AM
Michael R

wrote in message ...
Thank you for your comment Michael R
I don't need to prove it, this is the place todo it.
Also I keep a close watch on prices, and the markets don't justify most of
there prices.

gcartright

....if the markets don't justify their prices, then their coins won't sell,
will they?

I may be misunderstanding your statement but, all sellers getting together
to rob collectors would seem a bit difficult to do.

regards MR