Standard sizes for bookshelves?

Old August 11th 03, 06:33 AM
Mark Healey

Default Standard sizes for bookshelves?

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:16:37 UTC, David S. Maddison
wrote:

I am setting up a substantial library in a new home and want to
designate a certain area for the library, which will have built-in
shelving. I would like to know if there are any standard shelf widths
and heights that are applicable.

I wouldn't try to span more than 3 feet with 1X12 pine lumber. With
harder woods or thicker boards you can go longer but that can get
expensive fast.

Unless you've decided that you've bought your last book and will never
sell any that you already have, make them ajustable.

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com
Old August 11th 03, 01:50 PM
fwdixon

All bookshelves should be dimensioned so as to be able to double shelf Hardy
Boys books.
No other type of book should be collected anyway!

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page

"David S. Maddison" wrote in
message ...

I am setting up a substantial library in a new home and want to
designate a certain area for the library, which will have built-in
shelving. I would like to know if there are any standard shelf widths
and heights that are applicable.

Thanks,

David

Old August 12th 03, 03:15 AM
PaleRider

I agree! But the shelves are much more colourful with yellow (Nancy
Drew) and orange (Tom Swift) on them as well!

Luc

fwdixon wrote:

All bookshelves should be dimensioned so as to be able to double shelf Hardy
Boys books.
No other type of book should be collected anyway!

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page
http://www.Hardy-Boys.net
New & Out Of Print Books, Books-On-Tape, Videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs For Sale
http://users.arczip.com/fwdixon/hbsale.htm
To reply: replace spamless with fwdixon
.................................................. ...................

"David S. Maddison" wrote in
message ...

Old August 14th 03, 03:51 PM
Steven Schend

wrote:

I am setting up a substantial library in a new home and want to
designate a certain area for the library, which will have built-in
shelving. I would like to know if there are any standard shelf widths
and heights that are applicable.

http://www.jne-ent.com/jeff/shelf.htm

I believe this site was noted a while back, but it may give you some
ideas....

Steven