Super Mail Delivery

Old January 17th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Super Mail Delivery

Today I receved a Flat from a stamp dealer, nice commeratives very
lightly cancelled, almost a skip.
The unusal thing is that it was too big to fit my mail box so the
Postal Carrier deposited it on the back porch.
He usually rings the bell but since no one was home he did not want to
leave it on the front porch. How is that for service? and I didn't
even give him a Christmas gift.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old January 17th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Tollan

Amazing! The dying gasp of a bygone age I'd say! But ... why not give
him a (small!) gift next week!
John

--
(remove "notme" and "jack")

Old January 17th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Ralphael1 wrote:
Today I receved a Flat from a stamp dealer, nice commeratives very
lightly cancelled, almost a skip.
The unusal thing is that it was too big to fit my mail box so the
Postal Carrier deposited it on the back porch.
He usually rings the bell but since no one was home he did not want to
leave it on the front porch. How is that for service? and I didn't
even give him a Christmas gift.

Ralphael, the OLD one- Hide quoted text -

I would gladly give him a nice stipend if I knew which mailman did the
good deed.
I have strong suspicions it was the regular carrier and not a
subsitute.

RtOo
Old January 17th 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi,

I have a P.O. Box that is regular size in a local post office. I
once got a lot of stamps from Venezuela that was a large flat and had
a cardboard stiffner. The post office geniuses rolled up the flat
( cardboard and all ) and stuffed it into the small box. I complained
because the article said in large letters 'Do Not Fold, Photographs'.
They told me that rolling up a piece of mail was not folding. I asked
them why they did not put the large item in one of the key lockers.
They told me that it takes too long and rolling is their policy. I
said that if anything was ruined I would put in a claim. They said
that the claim would be thrown out because they did not fold it. I
went to the main post office and compalined and they transferred the
local manager. Now all philatelic mail, in that branch, is handled
with care. At least that was accomplished.

Jerry B

Mail delivery Ralphael1 General Discussion 15 October 3rd 08 12:29 AM
Delivery! Mr. Jaggers Coins 8 January 21st 08 06:57 PM
Transport/delivery from PA to IL available. Brian Ray Juke Boxes 1 March 22nd 06 11:49 AM
Delivery confirmation on priority mail only? stonej Coins 8 May 5th 05 01:53 PM
Sunday delivery Bob Ingraham General Discussion 18 February 22nd 04 05:34 PM