Mail delivery

Old October 1st 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Mail delivery

My office is located on a main street at the entrance to a multi use
city park. I frequently get mail addressed to the Girl Scouts, Little
League and the park itself.
Nintey-nine percent of the mail is "junk' mail." I have told the Post
Office that these places have never been located at my address and to
stop delivering mail addressed to them. Their response. "The mail must
be delivered as it is addressed."
Being the mail is not first class it cannot be forwarded, therefore it
goes in my trash bin. I no longer bother with forwarding the first
class mail, just trash it along with the junk mail.

Ralphael, the OLD one
a.k.a Postal Clerk #1, SNA Post Office
Old October 1st 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

Ralphael1 wrote:
My office is located on a main street at the entrance to a multi use
city park. I frequently get mail addressed to the Girl Scouts, Little
League and the park itself.
Nintey-nine percent of the mail is "junk' mail." I have told the Post
Office that these places have never been located at my address and to
stop delivering mail addressed to them. Their response. "The mail must
be delivered as it is addressed."
Being the mail is not first class it cannot be forwarded, therefore it
goes in my trash bin. I no longer bother with forwarding the first
class mail, just trash it along with the junk mail.

Funny. The USPO used to be fussier about delivering mail not addressed
to the proper name. That is why, I presume and believe, mail to a
visitor was sent c/o (care/of). If you are in the US and you file a
Change of Address form for the addressees that have a real address (as
GS should) and USPS puts it in their system, mass mailers will pick it
up and should stop. Again, if in US, I would send a letter to your
local Postmaster, because I am not sure the carrier is correct.
Otherwise, anyone could harass anyone by anonymously signing them up for
hundreds of offers in various names. The Direct Marketing Association
has an opt out website
https://www.dmachoice.org/MPS/proto1.php

TJ Reedy
Old October 2nd 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Oct 1, 4:50*pm, Terry Reedy wrote:
Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Not the way it works Terry. The mail goes to the address, not the
person,

RtOo
Old October 2nd 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Is it coincidence? or do you have nasty's on your computer?

You sent me an email off-list, and along came another from USPS with a
trojan.

http://cjoint.com/data/kccaSCD5Sm.htm

Old October 2nd 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:04:14 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

Rodney - you may want to check that again. It doesn't display USPS it
displays UPS, which is an entirely different beast.

I may be wrong and YMMV. :^)

Old October 2nd 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Tracy - you may be correct in fact,
I would sumise the scammer is not a philatelist
and maybe not even a US citizen.
He just got the acronym a little skewed.
The intention is rather clear though.

Old October 2nd 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

wrote:

Rodney - you may want to check that again. *It doesn't display USPS it
displays UPS, which is an entirely different beast.

I may be wrong and YMMV. *:^)

Is it coincidence? or do you have nasty's on your computer?

You sent me an email off-list, and along came another from USPS with a
trojan.

http://cjoint.com/data/kccaSCD5Sm.htm

Rod

It is a BOGUS UPS document sent by a virus spreader.

(1) As Tracy said It SUPPOSEDLY comes from UPS
(a private courier) and NOT the USPS.

(2) The REAL UPS company is the United Parcel Service
and NOT the United Postal Service (fake company).

Also they do not advise by email.

Blair

Old October 2nd 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

OK Gotcha. Thnks.
I thought all genuine companys contacted via snail mail.
We have been getting phone calls of late from the ANZ bank
trying to sell us products.
We ask them "just a minute" and leave them on hold for an hour.
Otherwise its out with my favourite, the whistle.

"Blair (TC)"

Old October 2nd 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:49:22 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

OK Gotcha. Thnks.
I thought all genuine companys contacted via snail mail.
We have been getting phone calls of late from the ANZ bank
trying to sell us products.
We ask them "just a minute" and leave them on hold for an hour.
Otherwise its out with my favourite, the whistle.

I have received legit e-mails from legit companies. One has to wonder
about them... I'm not too sure I like them.

Anyway, when it does arrive, I take the real front door to their web
site and no any link within the e-mail itself.

Delivery! Mr. Jaggers Coins 8 January 21st 08 06:57 PM
Transporting/delivery from PA to IL available. Flyinwalenda Juke Boxes 0 March 23rd 06 11:39 AM
Transport/delivery from PA to IL available. Brian Ray Juke Boxes 1 March 22nd 06 11:49 AM
Delivery confirmation on priority mail only? stonej Coins 8 May 5th 05 01:53 PM