eBay should have a tutorial for grubby buyers

Old May 16th 05, 06:41 PM
loepp

Default eBay should have a tutorial for grubby buyers

I just got short changed a dollar on a sale that
was a total loss for me. Some grubby hosebag made
up her own shipping/handling charge. Greedy bottom
feeders shouldn't be allowed to buy on eBay until
they learn the ropes of selling. You make it so
they don't have move their fat lazy asses out of
their house to buy something and they **** and
moan like pigs at slaughter to grub a dollar. War
is actually a welcomed salve for this cancerous
planet.
now I feel better,
TL

Old May 16th 05, 07:58 PM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:41:04 GMT, loepp wrote:

I just got short changed a dollar on a sale that
was a total loss for me. Some grubby hosebag made
up her own shipping/handling charge. Greedy bottom
feeders shouldn't be allowed to buy on eBay until
they learn the ropes of selling. You make it so
they don't have move their fat lazy asses out of
their house to buy something and they **** and
moan like pigs at slaughter to grub a dollar. War
is actually a welcomed salve for this cancerous
planet.
now I feel better,

Tom -

You should state very clearly on your auctions that you will not
accept payment until you establish shipping charges. I haven't looked
at your auctions closely enough to see if you did just that.

Lessee... well, you do - sort of. It's also kind of buried beneath
the scan and not visible before the scan. I place mine above the scan
so they can't complain that they didn't see it.

I have had a few people pay me the minimum requested on the payment
information, only to shortchange themselves sometimes. :^) So,
instead of paying .80 for a foreign letter, they paid the entire 1.70
for a trip to Australia. :^)

What happens is that over time, this all evens out and you may be
ahead a buck or 2, which is no big deal. If there's a bigger
discrepancy, I usually contact the buyer and they pay or no auction is
sent.

I would suggest that you reconsider how and where you post your
payment information. This may alleviate some of the burden you're
having right now.

Fine tuning eBay is an art all in itself. :^)

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old May 16th 05, 08:17 PM
loepp

[...]

I guess I didn't cancel that message fast enough. Apparently the buyer,
I finally got through to them, says they've never received any of my
emails about the shipping charges. Lucky for me I was more diplomatic in
my message to them and only blew off steam here. Anyway, it was a
'principle' thing as a dollar is nothing compared to what I will lose if
no one bids on my stamps. My guess is that I probably paid a sizable
percent of catalog on most everything I own and selling the better stuff
this way is folly. There is that whole debate about including expenses in
the opening bid and to have a small S/H fee but It seems that buyers want
both low.
Tom

Old May 16th 05, 08:47 PM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:17:43 GMT, loepp wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. I usually charge them "very close", if not right on the $
for shipping and handling. Envelopes, filler, labels, etc. pretty
much come out of pocket. Negligible, except when I was shipping out
Scott specialty albums. I'd probably take a $1 hit on each box that
went out, or close. They sold well, so no harm, no foul. In fact,
they ALL sold!

That was an isolated scenario where I had to buy some boxes to send
them out in. I definitely could have found boxes, done it on the
cheap(est), but I wanted to see the albums get there in decent shape.
The feedback tells it all...

I have, on the other hand, seen a good number of buyers sending in
even dollar payments where I'm the recipient of up to .99 or even
more, depending on the auction.

If I were to constantly take hits on stuff, I'd rethink how this is
going and put a little on the startup bid.

On the other hand, people don't really like higher starting bids for
many items. This is a catch-22. I put a higher startup on it and it
doesn't sell. I lower the relist startup and it sells for more than
the original startup. So, I'm out a few minutes relisting and all
that... Go figure, eh?

eBay sometimes is a big old game and one has to navigate around the
ballfield a little to make do...

=======================
Tracy Barber
adirondack-pc
"Freebie Stamp Project"

What's up with these eBay buyers? Vector Coins 7 January 29th 05 12:33 AM
Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frank Provasek Coins 756 March 1st 04 12:53 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
20% buyers fee on Ebay "live" auctions JSTONE9352 Coins 8 December 8th 03 06:05 PM
IF YOU USE EBAY READ THIS....... Drti28Hrit Baseball 0 November 4th 03 05:39 PM