FA: 19th Century US Used / Mint at 5% 2004 Catalog

Old May 16th 05, 05:43 PM
loepp

Default FA: 19th Century US Used / Mint at 5% 2004 Catalog

I have ten auctions, a few number 1's, a 2, 7's,
etc. all with low starts except for a MNH 7 that
is really nice. One $1,000 CV stamp is at $25 now.
Apparently they have good margins for those
issues.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZloepp

Thanks for looking,
TL

Old May 16th 05, 08:00 PM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 16:43:22 GMT, loepp wrote:

I have ten auctions, a few number 1's, a 2, 7's,
etc. all with low starts except for a MNH 7 that
is really nice. One $1,000 CV stamp is at $25 now.
Apparently they have good margins for those
issues.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZloepp

Thanks for looking,

Tom -

Good showing to start off with. I surely wish I had some $ to invest
in a decent, collectible #1. Someday, when the lottery arrives. :^)

Keep up the good work.

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old May 16th 05, 08:30 PM
loepp

On Mon, 16 May 2005 16:43:22 GMT, loepp wrote:

I have ten auctions, a few number 1's, a 2, 7's,
etc. all with low starts except for a MNH 7 that
is really nice. One $1,000 CV stamp is at $25 now.
Apparently they have good margins for those
issues.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZloepp

Thanks for looking,

Tom -

Good showing to start off with. I surely wish I had some $ to invest
in a decent, collectible #1. Someday, when the lottery arrives. :^)

Keep up the good work.

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================

Tracy,
I have other 1's and 2's but nothing with those margins. After a quite
a few more auctions I will no longer have a good 19th century US
collection. As the stamps get lower CV the quality will go up. I do have
a few that need certification as they appear to be in the thousands.
Just between you and me the #7 that is listed as used but is really
unused looks fine (white paper) in my album but the second I scan or
photograph it, it looks like hell (the varied thickness and color of the
gum shows through the front). It's weird, I spent way to much time
already trying to make it look good like it does to the eye with out any
success. I'm afraid it will probably be quite the bargain.
Regards,
Tom

Old May 16th 05, 08:54 PM

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:30:56 GMT, loepp wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I hear that. I have a decent CV of French revenues that I tried to
post on eBay once. Couldn't let them go for less than 10% of CV.
This was in the 100s as startup bids. A lot of lookers, but no bites.
I may try again, but dunno...

As per token stamps without decent xxx, I purchased a France #37 from
Michael Meadowcroft (who frequents here) for a "good" price. It has a
few short perfs and a somewhat oily cancel, but it is a definite
collectible in my eyes. Sometimes, perfection is in the reach of
those that can pay for it. Many of us here may not have the money for
a 4 margin this or that but would be happy with a decent 3 margin
copy. Had some Penny Blacks like that and sold them on the cheap. My
copy has 4 margins and a red Maltese cancel. Love it... Much less
than the Washington & Franklins you have for auction, in price...

I surely don't want to have to make a REAL bargain on some of the
stuff I have that's better.

Part of the key here, for me, is to put a startup I can live with if
the bottom falls out. I never put a reserve on my stamps. It just
doesn't pay me to do so.

After that, then some of the profit I can use to put up more auctions
and have some fun. :^)

Tracy Barber
adirondack-pc
"Freebie Stamp Project"