It's been a long, long time...

Old April 12th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default It's been a long, long time...

Bruce Remick wrote:
Jud wrote:
On Apr 11, 3:51 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
Nick Knight wrote:
In
,
on 04/11/2010 at 09:47 AM, Jud said:

Of course, my favorite sobriquet (numismatically) would be from
Mel Brooks History of the World, where Harvey Korman was 'Count
de Money'

A stetch, but "ok"

Tell James to let the "nobility" begin. I find it very odd that
there is/was any doubt about who the 2 most verbose non-coin
chit-chatters are/were (past tense used alternatively, as I'm
relatively free from it now, all with 2 simple killfile entries).
I'm sure it's not
really that unobvious as long as you're not too busy proving the
point while trying to justify it.

Jud, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to plonk me
in the name of Nick Knight, who apparently thinks that his opaque
references to a couple of chitchatters are intuitively transparent
to all but the most casual observer. OK, I'm ready, hit me, let's
get this rat-killing overwith.

If the self-declared-and-inflicted crown fits ... I bow to his
written eminence-ness. He will, however, remain mostly invisible
to me. I'm not trying to be nasty. I'm just not at all interested.

Mostly?

James the Invisible Man

I access RCC through Google, which has no 'plonk' feature. Even if
it did, I am thick-skinned enough to read just about every post, and
wouldn't plonk anyone, much less you, whose opinions I eagerly
anticipate.

From the wording of Nick's response to your other post, it appeared
that he had appointed you as his Hit Man ("Tell James..."). But
upon now reading of your reluctance to perform the requested task, I
shall go and plonk myself.

I presume you're not Catholic. Otherwise, I suspect that plonking
oneself could be some kind of sin.

I struck a deal in advance, sort of a get out of purgatory free arrangement.

James de Purified

Old April 12th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

In , on
04/12/2010
at 07:11 AM, Jud said:

it did, I am thick-skinned enough to read just about every post,

It's not really about being thick-skinned. I just bore too easily, I guess,
and see no reason not to relieve some of the problem when automated tools
ARE available. And for me, they are.

Nick
Old April 13th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

From the wording of Nick's response to your other post, it
appeared that he had appointed you as his Hit Man ("Tell
James..."). But upon now reading of your reluctance to perform
the requested task, I shall go and plonk myself. I occasionally am
ordered to do worse, sometimes impossible, things to myself, so it
won't be all that bad. Here
goes........P......L......O......N......K!!!! Ooo, that actually
felt good. Thanks, Nick, I needed that!

James de Plonkee

But, if you PLONK yourself, does that mean that you can't see or
hear yourself anymore? Or, that you just can't see your posts
anymore? Messing with the natural order of things - not good! Ever
see "Pet Cemetery"? Not good!
Old April 13th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Eric Babula wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

From the wording of Nick's response to your other post, it
appeared that he had appointed you as his Hit Man ("Tell
James..."). But upon now reading of your reluctance to perform
the requested task, I shall go and plonk myself. I occasionally am
ordered to do worse, sometimes impossible, things to myself, so it
won't be all that bad. Here
goes........P......L......O......N......K!!!! Ooo, that actually
felt good. Thanks, Nick, I needed that!

James de Plonkee

But, if you PLONK yourself, does that mean that you can't see or
hear yourself anymore? Or, that you just can't see your posts
anymore? Messing with the natural order of things - not good! Ever
see "Pet Cemetery"? Not good!

According to M-theory, right after I plonked myself from rcc, I entered
another yet unseen dimension, where I went careening around and plaguing the
local talk groups for several billion years, and eventually ended up right
back here. Everything looks exactly the same as it did before, except that
y'all are a few hours older, while I am not.

James de Time Traveler

Old April 13th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
.. .
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

From the wording of Nick's response to your other post, it
appeared that he had appointed you as his Hit Man ("Tell
James..."). But upon now reading of your reluctance to perform
the requested task, I shall go and plonk myself. I occasionally am
ordered to do worse, sometimes impossible, things to myself, so it
won't be all that bad. Here
goes........P......L......O......N......K!!!! Ooo, that actually
felt good. Thanks, Nick, I needed that!

James de Plonkee

But, if you PLONK yourself, does that mean that you can't see or
hear yourself anymore? Or, that you just can't see your posts
anymore? Messing with the natural order of things - not good! Ever
see "Pet Cemetery"? Not good!

I believe the "plonk" originated in the early 1950's with Smilin' Ed and
Sparky when Froggie the Gremlin would be asked to "plunk (plonk) his magic
twanger". Can't you imagine the snickers today from any group of young
boys hearing THAT? I wonder what they think about plonking somebody, never
mind plonking yourself.

Old April 13th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

"Bruce Remick" wrote in
:

I believe the "plonk" originated in the early 1950's with Smilin'
Ed and Sparky when Froggie the Gremlin would be asked to "plunk
(plonk) his magic twanger". Can't you imagine the snickers today
from any group of young boys hearing THAT? I wonder what they
think about plonking somebody, never mind plonking yourself.

And, plonking your magic twanger! Wow!! Can you do that in public
without getting arrested?
Old April 13th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Eric Babula" wrote in message
.. .
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

From the wording of Nick's response to your other post, it
[...]

First of all, the principal of my high school had the nickname of Frog, and
when he came on the PA to make morning announcements, he played a little
four-note xylophone at the start. We always referred to that as "Froggy
twanging his magic twonger (or twonging his magic twanger, depending on
which gang you were in). And we snickered plenty, so I don't have to
imagine anything. 8)

James de Twanger (or was it Twonger?)
'but paint the barn red and slap me silly, there I went a-chit-chatting
again'

Old April 13th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

First of all, the principal of my high school had the nickname of
Frog, and when he came on the PA to make morning announcements, he
played a little four-note xylophone at the start. We always
referred to that as "Froggy twanging his magic twonger (or
twonging his magic twanger, depending on which gang you were in).
And we snickered plenty, so I don't have to imagine anything. 8)

James de Twanger (or was it Twonger?)
'but paint the barn red and slap me silly, there I went
a-chit-chatting again'

It's amazing how my OP turned into THIS!!!

Eric Babula
Old April 13th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Eric Babula wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

First of all, the principal of my high school had the nickname of
Frog, and when he came on the PA to make morning announcements, he
played a little four-note xylophone at the start. We always
referred to that as "Froggy twanging his magic twonger (or
twonging his magic twanger, depending on which gang you were in).
And we snickered plenty, so I don't have to imagine anything. 8)

James de Twanger (or was it Twonger?)
'but paint the barn red and slap me silly, there I went
a-chit-chatting again'

It's amazing how my OP turned into THIS!!!

And just think, at least three lurkers and one long-time regular have
dropped this group from their newsreaders because of it.

James de Shameless

Old April 13th 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula[_2_]

Eric Babula wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

First of all, the principal of my high school had the nickname
of Frog, and when he came on the PA to make morning
announcements, he played a little four-note xylophone at the
start. We always referred to that as "Froggy twanging his magic
twonger (or twonging his magic twanger, depending on which gang
you were in). And we snickered plenty, so I don't have to
imagine anything. 8)

James de Twanger (or was it Twonger?)
'but paint the barn red and slap me silly, there I went
a-chit-chatting again'

It's amazing how my OP turned into THIS!!!

And just think, at least three lurkers and one long-time regular
have dropped this group from their newsreaders because of it.

James de Shameless

That's a cryin shame! There's sooo much to offer, here.

To keep this OT: I was gonna offer them all a surprise coin. But,
they chose to leave, and now the offer is off the table. Sorry, they
lose.

Eric Babula