I'm in shock at how high this went on Ebay

Old August 27th 05, 08:48 PM
stonej

Default I'm in shock at how high this went on Ebay

When I started this out at just 99 cents I had no idea it would
get to this. A couple of people wanted it badly.

Best auction I have ever had on Ebay.

Old August 27th 05, 09:04 PM
George D

stonej wrote:
When I started this out at just 99 cents I had no idea it would
get to this. A couple of people wanted it badly.

Best auction I have ever had on Ebay.

JOOC how much did you think it would bring?

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

2004 Black Prius pkg 6

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old August 27th 05, 09:17 PM
stonej

JOOC how much did you think it would bring?

--

Maybe $40-$50 It is rather scarce but the market for depression scrip
is fairly

Old August 27th 05, 10:28 PM
PC

Nice! Congrats!

oups.com...

Old August 28th 05, 02:11 AM
George D

stonej wrote:
JOOC how much did you think it would bring?

--

Maybe $40-$50 It is rather scarce but the market for depression scrip
is fairly
thin compared to other areas of numismatics. A couple of the bidders
are
veteran collectors in this area so I guess they had a better idea than
I did on
what it is worth.

I'll bet you are glad that you didn't have a BIN in the range you thought it was worth.

Old August 28th 05, 02:29 AM
Ken Barr

In article .com,
"stonej" wrote:

When I started this out at just 99 cents I had no idea it would
get to this. A couple of people wanted it badly.

Best auction I have ever had on Ebay.

I've sold scrip to both the high bidder and the underbidder,
and can attest that both are serious collectors (and quick
payers ...).

The underbidder has a very informative website on
Depression Scrip located at (not surprisingly ...)

http://www.depressionscrip.com/

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old August 28th 05, 12:01 PM
stonej

I'll bet you are glad that you didn't have a BIN in the range you
thought it was worth.

Yeah, that would have been a disaster. Depression scrip is an area
that does not
have a track record of established values that are easy to look up.
The standard
catalog in this area was published in 1984 and hasen't been updated
since then.

I like to start them at 99 cents and just see what happens.

Old August 28th 05, 03:31 PM
note.boy

stonej wrote:

JOOC how much did you think it would bring?

--

Maybe $40-$50 It is rather scarce but the market for depression scrip
is fairly
thin compared to other areas of numismatics. A couple of the bidders
are
veteran collectors in this area so I guess they had a better idea than
I did on
what it is worth.

Congratulations, I don't understand why some people think that ebay is some
kind of evil organisation, where else could a seller get such a very
pleasant surprise for such a small outlay.

I suggest that you invest your new found wealth in LEGS, the new grading
company due to sweep the numismatic world off its feet. :-) Billy

Old September 5th 05, 02:47 AM

Do you think perhaps the buyer may have been confused because the note
in the photo was not the one up for auction???